Chapter 16

Skylar's POV

            "Mom." I whispered her name.

     I couldn't breathe. I just couldn't breathe.

      I couldn't see either. And lord knows I was trying to breathe, to see, to fucking move. Soon I realized I was hyperventilating and crying. Trying to not die while hanging upside down in a car with only the seat belt holding me so that I didn't crush my skulls.

       I couldn't catch my breath no matter how hard I tried. My heart was beating so loud in my chest I felt the beats in my head. Slowly raising my hand to my head rubbing the part of my head that hurt severely. I now find myself sobbing and confused.

      I looked to my left seeing my mom unconscious, reaching my hand over to her  trying to find her pulse but instead of finding a pulse I found my hand covered in the blood from around her neck. Still a pulse could not be found and in the far distance think I heard sirens.

"Mom!" I screamed now. "Mom! Please! Please get up Mom!" I screamed.

"Mom!" I screamed scaring myself awake. I let out a choked sob. A choked sob that turned into pure sobbing. I brushed my hair out of my face. My breathing was short and panicked. The house was eerie and quiet. I've never felt more alone. Felt more out of place or lonely.

I wish someone was here with me. I grabbed my phone off of my vanity staring at at the time. It was three on the morning. All my friends were probably asleep. Like I should be. I picked up my old perception for my anxiety and took one. Maybe this will help me sleep. I wanted him here.

Fuck it. I'm calling him. Rubbing my tired eyes I called him.

"Hello?" He said. His voice was deep and husky. His tired voice was more amazing than when we normally talked. This voice made me breathless.

"Hi." I said. I knew what I wanted I just didn't know how to ask for it. I didn't know how to say it. This frustrates me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. Now he knows it's me. "Skylar...?" He asked . I could tell he was tired. I shouldn't have called him. This was so stupid. This isn't what I want. I should've called Sophia or Jamie. Not the guy I wanted to fall in love with.

          Woah...
        Love?
              "Sorry." I mumbled. Before hanging up. I was terrified. He scared me because he made me happy. But my happiness shouldn't come from him. It should come from me. Something in me needs to want me to live for something. I need to be the reason I want to live.

             It was sick how bad I wanted him though. Because I knew he would give me everything that I wanted. I knew how hard I loved people. I knew how far I was willing to go once I got attached because I tend to get over passionate. I tend to care too much and put everyone before me. I know I should put myself first. But I can't, for me, the people that I love will always come first and I will never ask anything in return in the hope that they'd do it for me anyways.

         I sighed. Pushing my long hair back off my shoulders I decided to head downstairs. My house was cold and empty Kevin should be back at any moment now. I just don't think he wants to be here. Maybe he doesn't nobody wants to be here without her either. But this is my home . I stood there leaning against the kitchen counter exhausted. I was tired of thinking then over thinking about what I was thinking about. I was tired of being afraid.

I missed her humming, my mom, I missed her and Kevin dancing together and them laughing. They were so in love. They were good together. I mean yeah they argued but they wouldn't stay mad for long. She's drop me at a friends house and they wouldn't leave the house until it was resolved. That's the kind of love I would fight for. The left be that's just there that will always consume me because I know they love me too. But instead I can't be happy.