3000 Miles

First winter's snowfall
Throwing backyard snowballs

LAUREN'S POV
I woke up on my couch with the TV on some news station. I must've fallen asleep last night.
"And there are reports of the first snowfall of the winter in New York last night. Kids are out of school. Sledding, skiing, snowball fights..."
New York. That's where she lives. My best friend. My first love. Karla Camila Cabello.

Warming up by the fireplace
Marshmallows catch fire on an open flame

I remember when we all lived in New York. Dinah, Ally, Normani, Camila, and I. We had the best friendship ever.

We'd always go outside on the first snow day and throw snowballs at each other. Then, we'd go back inside and warm up. We'd roast marshmallows for s'mores. We'd have a blast.
All that changed when 4/5 of us had to move. Dinah lives in Cali, Ally and Normani live in Texas, and I live Miami Florida.

All my friends get together
Wishing I was there, but I'm never

The girls called about a week ago saying they were planning to meet up and have a little reunion.
I said I couldn't go because of family. The real reason? I can't bear to face Camila after not talking to her in six months.

I wish I decided to go, but it's too late now. I could never face her again.

Living the sunshine, oh,
But dreaming of a place called home

I live in the beautiful, the sunny, the lovely Miami. I'd give it up in a heartbeat if it meant being back home in New York.

I wanna run, wanna run away-ay
I'm dreaming of a place called home

I wish I could run away from this life and back to my old one. I just want to go home.

I could try but I'm stuck here today
I'm dreaming of a place that's 3000 miles away

I guess I could try to leave and go back to New York, but my parents would never let me. I'm stuck here until I turn 18.

It feels like it's forever
Seems like yesterday we were running 'round town together

It's seems like I'll never actually make it back to New York. At the same time it feels like I just left it behind. Just six months ago we were all running around the mall and all over town.

This place just ain't the same
I miss the stormy weather

Miami is beautiful and nice, but it will never be New York. It's not the same. I miss the snow, the storms, the rain, the wind.

I'm not okay
3000 miles away

I try and shrug it off by saying I'm fine. I don't miss New York, but I do. 3000 miles is a long way.

You don't pickup but I keep redialing
Cause you're asleep got your phone on silent

I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried calling her since I said I'm not coming to the "reunion".

I know she keeps her phone on silent most days. She also sleeps a lot, so it doesn't surprise me.

Still early here I'm wide awake
I just wanna hear you tell me all about your day

It's 7:00 A.M. and I'm still trying to call Camila. I just want to ask her how life's been since I moved.

Although I never really showed it
I had to leave for me notice
That living in the sunshine's cold
I'm dreaming of a place called home