love somebody

short: love somebody

inspiration: my dad's kompa cd

characters
De'Aaron Fox as himself
Malik Monk as himself
Your Name

total parts: 3

Part III.

May 2018

"It feels good to be back." Malik said as he shook his upper body. De'Aaron let out a small laugh as he nodded his head.

"It really does to be honest. I love Sacramento and all but Lexington has become home man." De'Aaron said as they walked through the University of Kentucky campus.

"Definitely, you see that bench over there." Malik said pointing to the bench that sat on the outskirts of one of the campus's park. De'Aaron nodded his head and watched his friend with an amused look. "Fucked a white chick over there."

De'Aaron bursted out in laughter as he paused in his stroll to catch his breath. "You a damn mess fam. How was it though?"

"Eh, it was okay. Could've used some seasoning." Malik said with a shrug.

"Nigga, we're taking about vagina not chicken." De'Aaron continued laughing.

"I'm eating both of them right. Oh, right there on the library steps, fucked a Latina. Librarian was confused wondering why she was hearing Papi in her head." Malik said as he pointed to the library. De'Aaron shook his head at his friend as he continued to laugh.

"Which Outside spot did you catch a STD? Cause you out here fucking all over the place. If you continue your ass might get rabies or some shit." De'Aaron said as Malik sucked his teeth.

"Nigga bye. Over there by the gazebos, I fucking a nice chocolate senior-." Malik paused as he noticed who was sitting there and didn't want De'Aaron to see. "Never mine, don't like by those gazebos."

"Why not?" De'Aaron asked with an amused look as he turned his head. His facial expression turned sad as he realized who it was. "Oh."

"Yeah, but let us go to the practice facility and go find Coach Cal, heard the older folks like KAT and em here as well." Malik said as he started to walk in another direction. He noticed that De'Aaron wasn't behind of him and turned around with a sigh.

"Yow, Swipa. Let's go." He yelled as he watched De'Aaron stared at Y/N. Malik knew that he wasn't going to move, until he convinced himself to either speak to her or to move on.

"Should I?" De'Aaron asked his friend who stood next to him again. Malik let out a small sigh as he glared at the girl who broke his brother's heart.

"I mean, I personally don't find it's worth it, but if you want to, I guess for closure, do what you have to do fam. I'll be right here." Malik said as he patted his back. De'Aaron nodded his head and walked toward the gazebos and sat in front of Y/N.

"Hey Y/N." He said with a small smile. The chocolate woman raised her head from behind her laptop and gave him the same smile.

"Hey De'Aaron, I see that you've made it back. How are you?" She asked.

Like shit since you still playing with a nigga. He thought to himself. "I'm good, just here checking up on ole Cal, seeing how I can better my game next season. How about you?" He said.

"I am doing great actually, just finishing up some term papers and stuff." She said as she smiled at him brightly. He watched her with the same smile as he noticed that she was glowing. It was obvious that she was happy, he just wanted to know the source of why.

"That's cool, but do you have time for us to talk about something, uh the same thing I wanted to talk to you about when you were in Sacramento." He asked as he bit his lips in nervousness.

"Sure, go ahead." She said as her smile wasn't as bright as before. De'Aaron took a deep sigh as he looked around the busy campus before watching the woman he loved dearly.

"So, I just want to tell you that even though we've been a part for more than year, I am still in love with you and I want us to hit the reset button and start all over again. I felt our love was too strong for us to end in such childish manner and you know, things tend to work out the second time around." He confessed as he watched her eyes, trying to figure out her current emotions.

"Oh."

"Yeah." He said as bit his lip nervously.

"De'Aaron, I do have love for you still but-"

"Hey babe." A slender, light skin man said as he kissed Y/N cheek. "Aye Fox, nice seeing you man." He said as he dapped up De'Aaron. De'Aaron smiled at the man as he watched Y/N with watery eyes.

"Aye. I see you man. Y/N is good girl." De'Aaron said as he pretended to be proud of the guy, ignoring her sad eyes.

"Yeah I'm one lucky guy." Her boyfriend said as he kissed her forehead softly. De'Aaron let out a small chuckle as he nodded his head.

"Definitely, but I'll see you guys around, I'm going to check on Cal." He said as he got up from his seat, nodding them goodbye. He walked towards Malik with a sad look on his face as he shook his head.

"She got a whole nigga fam." He ranted as they walked towards the practice facility. Malik, who was playing FBI agent, found the guy Instagram and showed him a picture of them kissing from last year.

"Hate to break it to you fam, but they've been together since you guys been together." Malik said as he showed De'Aaron the date, March 3rd 2017.

De'Aaron watched the phone in anger as he quickly gave it back to Malik. He shook his head in disbelief, wanting to let out a scream. However he knew not to do those things in public, especially on campus. Small tears left his eyes as he heart broke all over again.

He couldn't believe that he spent two years loving somebody, that didn't even care for him.

Don't you know what it's like, to love somebody, the way I love you.

_._
Thoughts?

I'm debating whether I should wait for this book to get some more reads and votes before posting the next short story, which is Drugs.

I'm not sure yet.

But I hope you guys liked this one a lot.

One Love
Kam 🌞