Chapter 11

Now that Harry was out and clear with himself he felt better and he strolled right back into the Great Hall, plopping next to Draco carelessly, the blonde not even noticing. He must have been deep in thought. Harry waved a hand in front of Draco's face who's head snapped in Harry's direction.

"W-wha?" The blonde stuttered, clearing his mind of what it was thinking about. He was stuck deep in thought because somehow he got himself thinking about what it would feel like to kiss Harry and he thought about his eyes and face and it made Draco feel so so embarassed that he even thought about such things.

Now, Harry sitting there with his lips parted and eyes exceptionally bright wasn't really helping the situation at all but Draco had to gather his self control and compose himself.

"Are you okay Dray?" Harry asked in concern noticing Draco spacing off and seeming to not be able to concentrate.

"Y-yes. I'm fine." Draco finally managed, giving a small, tight, nod. But dammit he wasn't. Because he was slowly beginning to recognize all the past emotions that confused him to no end.

And dammit it scared him.

He prayed there would be some distractions so he wouldn't have to think about those horrid things, and, to his delight, McGonagall stood up to make another announcment:

"There will be a sorts of Ball held tomorrow evening to celebrate the victors of the Talent Show. Everyone is required to have a dance partner. Everyone. No exceptions." She spoke sternly, giving a short, but pointed look at Harry and Draco before sitting back down calmly.

Harry noticed the short glance from his teacher and his face flushed at the thought of dancing with Draco. He had no idea how to dance properly and he would end up making a fool of himself.

He didn't really notice but Draco got extremely fidgety and his cheeks turned red and he was all nervous as if he was contemplating the biggest decision in his life yet.

Eventually Harry heard him take a deep breath:

"Harry?"

The raven turned around to look at Draco as a sign of listening to him.

"Since I got noone else, wanna come with me to the Ball?"

Harry observed Draco's utterly terrified and vulnerable expression and it made his heart flutter a little at the thought of Draco being so nervous asking him that.

At least now he knew bloody why it bloody fluttered.

"Sure Draco, I'll go with you." Harry replied, letting his voice sound relaxed and he shrugged with a small smile. Draco's breathing started out again and evened. He felt so suddenly washed over by a wave of panic and nervousness at just asking that question then suddenly blown completely dry by the relief of hearing the answer. What was even going on with him, it was so strange whatever it was, the blonde concluded.

For the rest of the time Draco sat thinking long and hard about his feelings and thoughts. He glanced over at Harry for a second, whose gaze was fixed on a wall yet seemed so dreamy and far away. Draco looked at his unfocused green eyes and his lips and his messy hair and started feeling light headed, but that sweet, dreamy light-headedness one would feel in a pleasant dream.

A strange pressure and ache rose in his head compelling him to do something. Draco didn't quite understand what he wanted to do, but he felt the ache of wanting to do something. He looked Harry over again, wondering if it had anything to do with him. When Draco's eyes fell upon the dark mess of curls on Harry's head, the pressure throbbed stronger and Draco's mind clicked with late realisation.