Chapter 2

"Confessions In The Dark?" Harry raised his eyebrows and looked at his principal expectantly.

"Yes Harry. You see, I feel like Draco would feel much better if he just told someone what laid heavy on his mind and heart. But if he saw their face, he would know who they were and base his trust in them off of that. Since he never really made a lot of good, sincere friendships in the past, I don't think he'd trust anyone with his secrets. But if he can't see them, in a dark room, maybe he'd feel safer to talk about his problems. I am aware it could backfire, but I want to try. And since everyone else, to my disappointment, has turned their backs to him, I am asking you to help." McGonagall explained, her voice soft and calm.

"I see. I want to help him too, I owe him and his mum that much for saving my life, and, from these past few weeks I've seen he is a good person despite his past behaviour." Harry agreed and was determined to try and help Draco.

"Very well then Harry. Thank you, I will talk to him on a separate occasion about this too. You're free to go." She dismissed him, averting her gaze to some paperwork.

"Alright." Harry nodded and left her office.

As he was walking through the Halls, suddenly a red head bobbed up in front of him. It was Ginny. She had wanted to return to Hogwarts for her last year, unlike her brother.

"Hey Harry, can you talk to me for a minute?" He stopped his walking and he mumbled a 'sure' before standing to listen to her.

"How can you be friends with that Death Eater scum?!" She all but yelled and Harry knew exactly who she was talking about. A gush of protective anger bubbled inside him.

"First off, don't call him that. Second off, if you must know, he and his mother saved my life and I owe him that much. Third of all, he is a really good and interesting person, and you all would have seen that had you not all turned your backs on him in the worst of times!" Harry spat, nostrils flaring, eyes narrowed into slits, before walking away stiffly.

Ginny stood there, shell shocked for a while before contemplating running after him and trying to talk to him again, but seeing as how mad he got, she decided against it.

Little did they both know, the blonde in question had heard their entire conversation and may or may not have started crying from the sheer fact Harry Potter went to lenghts to defend him and stand up for him after everything he did to him.

Draco quickly wiped his tears and let a small smile befall his face before he continued making his way to his dorms.

~

Harry was still ticked off at Ginny from their previous conversation. Draco and Narcissa saved his life and he owed them help, but he also simply felt awful for the poor blonde and what he must have gone through.

Harry wasn't a bloody idiot, he saw Draco lower his wand at Dumbledore, and he saw the silent apology in his eyes when he lied about his identity to the other Death Eaters. That was incredibly brave and bold of him. He forgave him for the past bullying and had planned on apologising for rejecting his friendship in first year since that started that animosity between them.

And for sixth year....he hoped Draco would forgive him for that, because he really didn't know what the spell did.

He decided he would talk to Draco about it tommorow at breakfast.

The conversation he had with McGonagall earlier drifted into his mind then. Her idea to try and help Draco was a pretty clever idea, and Harry hoped it would work. He wanted Draco to recover from the war as much as anyone else, but he felt more strongly for Draco, maybe because he learned the blonde was actually very nice despite how he had to act before.