Chapter 7

The week flew by at exceptional speed for the two boys. With all the studying and the homework, time seemed to tick away very quickly. Saturday was tomorrow and Draco had another one of his 'confession sessions' appointed, for 8 a.m in Dumbledore's old office, like last time. He was turning over in his head what he was going to say this time. Maybe he could get a little more personal this time, as it seemed the mystery person hasn't been telling anything to anyone.

He was sitting in his common room, thinking about that when Harry walked in, muttering colorful curses, with his lip busted. Draco looked at him and couldn't help but be suprised:

"Bloody hell, Harry what hapenned to you?"

"Me? Oh nothing, I got in a fight with Dean. He got me good." Harry explained and went to get a towel to clean his lip. Draco rolled his eyes:

"Why though?"

Harry dabbed the wet towel to his lip and started explaining:

"I got sick of him droning on and on about how bad you are and how you're a death eater and blah blah. I asked him nicely to just drop the subject and that who I'm friends with is none of his business but he kept droning on and on about how you'll stab me in the back and such shit that I ended up punching him. So he punched back and we got into a fight."

Draco was still suprised that Harry wanted to defend him and stand by him after all the shit he put him through it and he finally decided to ask Harry why the hell he's doing all this for Draco:

"Harry, why are you doing all this? Defending me, standing by me, being my friend, helping me? Why, I'm the last person that deserves it."

Harry rolled his eyes and groaned, putting the towel away and turning back to Draco, holding his gaze for a second before replying:

"You and your mum saved my life Draco. I owe you both, and I didn't want to leave Hogwarts having enemies, so I decided to try and become friends with you. Since you're far more interesting than the rest of my friends I chose to stick with you instead of them, plus I don't like the discrimination they push on you so I wanted to help you hold up against it. And you're a really good friend to me now so I'm gonna defend you when someone attacks you, with words or otherwise. God help them if otherwise."

Harry explained, but while it was all true, he felt like something was missing to complete it. Something that was buried deep inside his heart and struggling to get out but couldn't yet join Harry's reasoning. He had no idea what it was though, but he knew it was one piece that would complete the puzzle and tie the strings together. He hoped that whatever would burrow it's way to the forefront on his mind soon so he could finally know the entire story.

While Harry was thinking about that, Draco's mind was baffled at how freaking pure Harry's answer was, despite the fact he fought and won a goddamned war. He was just so kind at heart that nothing could corrupt him and that amazed Draco. The more he thought about it, the more, to his horror, he realised he has lost his impecabble ability to find flaws on Harry and point them out. He just couldn't find a bad quality in Harry, altough he was certain there were tons. Was Draco growing duller? Was there something else clogging his perception? If so, what was it? Draco sighed in frustration at all these unanswered questions. He looked at Harry again and felt..queasy. His stomach was suddenly warm and all jittery and it was a weird feeling to say the least. Draco thought about it, he never felt that way before, this was the first time. Was he growing ill?

It could be possible. The new feeling surely had nothing to do with Harry, so it was likely he ate something bad and his stomach was now notifying him. He would do some reading on that later.

"Uh Draco?" Harry asked waving a hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his stupor.

"Yes?" Draco looked at him properly.