Chapter 6

That same evening, when they were both in their beds, Harry drifted off to sleep fast while Draco stayed up, reading a book. Well he was trying to. He couldn't focus on the words and sentences for the life of him so he decided to leave it and get some sleep. He just kept thinking about how sweet it was of Harry to actually resort because of him. He looked over at the sleeping raven and  small smile settled on his face. Harry was really a unique individual, in the worst and best ways imaginable. After observing Harry for a little, Draco blushed realising he was staring and chastised himself for it mentally, before quickly settling into his bed and falling fast asleep.

~

The cold air clung to Harry's skin, drawing out goosebumps out on his skin. The silence surrounded him in a cold embrace, but it felt still. Too still. It constricted his chest and prodded inside of his mind, filling it with a tone that didn't have a sound. He looked around the empty space, all Harry could see was the thick black that engulfed him and nipped at the edges of his mind. The soundless tune grew louder in intensity and Harry's arms flew up to his head instinctively, desperate for it to go away. Suddenly the air grew colder, fully still, as if anticipating something. In a small, fear filled second the darkness shifted in form, morphing around a skeletal figure, draped in a cloak almost as dark as he, himself, was.

Lord Voldemort.

Harry felt his heart thump against his ribcage, every thump echoing in his ears, his blood rushed faster through his veins hotly but his limbs were numbed from the cold silence and fear that held him firmly there, nearly choking him.

The bright, burning red eyes full of hatred burned in stark difference against the pale skin of the skeletal face.

"I will be back, Harry Potter."

He spoke in his low snake like hiss voice, the sound coiling around Harry's mind like a rope. Cold fear gripped at Harry's heart, it's vice like grip nearly suffocating.

"I will have my revenge." Voldemort hissed again, suddenly all of Harry's loved ones fading in front of him, in a straight line. They all wore blank expressions, their dull eyes lifeless and their bodies still. Harry raked over them with his eyes, Hermione, Ron, Neville, George, Draco, Sirius, Remus and many more.

They just stood there. Voldemort moved his skeletal figure around them and poised himself next to a shaking Harry. The boy still couldn't move, he couldn't do anything.

"Avada Kedavra." Voldemort hissed in Harry's ears, causing the green eyes to widen as Hermione crumpled to the ground.

"NOOO, NO!" Harry screamed, his voice cracking, his heart following suit. The sudden pain blazed through him, setting his nerve endings aflame when those two horrid words were heard again. Ron fell down.

"PLEASE STOP!" Harry begged, all his raw pain spilling out in liquid form, his body flinching wildly when Neville crumpled to the ground. Then George fell down with a thump.

"STOP PLEASE, PLEASE!" Harry's throat felt raw and scratchy but he pleaded and begged anyways, not being able to do anything else, though he knew, in the back of his head, that Voldemort knew no mercy nor empathy, and wouldn't stop until he Harry snapped like a twig, maybe not even then.

Draco was next. Harry's pupils shrunk in horror at what was about to happen to the blonde boy.

"Please...don't." Harry pleaded, his own voice sounding so desperate, so pathetic and weak. A wide, sly grin, completely lacking any empathy and full of hatred spread across the Dark Lord's face.

He pointed the wand at Draco and Harry wanted to look away, but he couldn't. He was helpless, all he could was watch, he had to. The evil grin widened as a single word slipped from Voldemort's lips: