(Not Cannon) A Ghost of a chance for escape

(Seeing as how it was Tom's birthday a few days ago. So I decided to write a non cannon chapter staring the ma- Gengar of honour)

"An escape room?" Tom asked a loud, Rob was shaking his head happily "yup I've set up the event already, so you can't say no already. 9 of us are attending" the Hawlucha spoke proudly 'but . . . there's 15 of us . . .' Tom thought quietly, feeling a bit bad for the other 6 "what about the oth-" "weeeellll it was first come first serve aaannndddd I had to take you and me out so there were only really 7 places left . . ." Rob looked away awkwardly as he trailed off, realising that Tom probably would of wanted all of his friends there. "So whose the lucky 7 then?" Tom sighed while also rolling his eyes "well apart from you and me there's: Jack, Heiwa (somehow . . .), Patrick, Nathan, Amelia, Chloe and finally George . . . who had to decline, so we got Patch instead" Rob explained the guest list happily, while Tom nodded happily "okay . . . so where is it?" Rob froze up for a second "y-you do know where it is right?" "O-of c-course I do . . . I just needed to think for a second - okay we need to go down to the bus stop at the library at exactly 2:30pm" Rob held his two middle figures to his head and moved them in a circular motion while he was talking, as if he was attempt to circulate the memories in his head, much to the Gengars confusion ". . . Rob . . It's 2:20pm now . . ." Tom looked concerned as he held his phone up to the Hawluchas face, much to the horror of the Hawlucha "um Tom . . ." Tom sighed "I'll fly us there . . ." Rob thanked him while trying to climb onto the Gengars back "W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING - I'm carrying you not giving you a piggy back ride!" Tom shouted, but his shouts went on deaf ears, Rob had already got into his back and refused to let go 'this is not how I wanted to spend my birthday . . .' Tom grumbled as his feet left the ground and he took off into the air, with 8 minutes to fly across town to the bus stop it wouldn't be too difficult 'but damnit Rob why couldn't you just tell me yesterday or something'.

By the time they had arrived at the escape room destination everyone else was already there, the group of 7 all standing in front of a large building with two sets of Iron doors in front of them "well finally" Jack moaned as he flew over to the pair, he scoped up Rob into a head lock "what the hell took so long, you're 10 minutes late" the Flygon rubbed at the Hawluchas head quickly, Rob shuffling out from under his arm and landing on the floor on both feet "it wasn't my fault, the bus got delayed because of traffic!" 'That was a lie . . . we missed the bus and I had to fly us to the next stop just to catch it' Tom admitted in his head, just looking down at the Hawlucha, while he was literary looking down on Rob, Tom was approached by Patch "u-um . . . okay y-you can d-do this . . . . . Happy birthday Tom, here's your present" Patch smiled gleefully as he present Tom with a small plastic bag covered in purple polka dots, Tom grabbed the bag happily and opened it ". . . a joke book?" "Yeah it's just something to pass the time . . . i-it's nothing great but I don't really k-know what you like" "no it's great actually, believe it or not I . . . actually I've never told anybody this but . . . I actually do like puns" Tom admitted, what looked like a faint embarassed blush came to his cheeks, Patch smiled even more "well I hope you like it. Happy birthday once again" Patch said happily, it was at that point that Tom noticed what Patch was wearing a deep blue jacket that went down to his mid section, golden yellow strips circled the ends of the jacket, the collar of the jacket had several streaks of golden yellow stitched into it, underneath the jacket was a pale white button up shirt and a violet purple tie hung loosely underneath the collar "looking formal today, aren't we Patch" Tom joked happily to the Goodra, a happy and somewhat embarrassed smile came to his face "o-oh thank you . . . I just assumed that it would be something fancy like a party . . ." Tom held up his left index finger and waged it a few times while tuting "Patch, Patch . . Patch . . . we've known each other for how long now? A week -" "a-actually 12 days to be exac-" "that should of been long enough to know that I don't do formal or fancy, a tie would be the most that I'd be willing to put on" Patch paused for a second and then nodded, seeming to understand what he had just been told perfectly.