“Tell her I’ll call her back,” I replied, my eyes focused on stirring the mix and counting.

I heard her taking my phone and soon her voice was clear and polite. “Mila’s phone, her lovely yet incredibly amazing best friend is talking. May I help you?” I chuckled at her silly games and tried no to pay too much attention to what she was saying. “She is busy in this very moment. She has her hands in a very and serious task, but she can call you back or I can deliver your message, miss Alex.” If Alex just knew I was making cupcakes. Moni made it sound like I was in a secret mission for the Queen.

The mix was ready and I needed to put it in the moulds, meanwhile Moni kept listening to whatever Alex was telling her. “Oh, she would love to go! She hasn’t stopped talking about him.” And then I froze. What was Moni doing?! I turned around and saw her evil grin as she stood up and walked very calmly out of the kitchen.

“Móniren Davis. What. Are. You. Doing?” I asked, teeth gritted and holding the spoon too tight.

“I know, it gets annoying after a while. It’s clear he made a big impression on her.” That little piece of shit! She was lying shamelessly just for the sake of making me suffer. “Sure, she’ll be there like in an hour or so. As I told you, she’s busy right now.” I was going to kill her. I didn’t know where I was supposed to go, but there was no way in hell I was going to be in the same room as Zayn again. I rather jump from the window right now. “You can bet on that, girl!” She added chuckling and with a terrible American accent. “You too, dear. And don’t worry, she’ll be there.”

I could guess she hung up because soon she was in the kitchen again, holding the fucking phone and that damn contented smile on her face, the same face I was going to destroy. “What did you do, Moni?” I asked, still holding the spoon, ready to attack. I totally forgot about the mix and the cupcakes. If they got ruined, it was going to be Moni’s fault.

“Oh, nothing, I just agreed for you to go to Alex’s house to enjoy this lovely afternoon. I believe they will make a BBQ. They will watch a game, so I just assumed you’d love to go,” she replied offhandedly waving her hand like fanning herself.

“Zayn is gonna be there, Moni. Do you want me to kill someone today?” I demanded, really pissed off, and watching her acting like it wasn’t the big deal only made my blood boil even more.

“The more reason to go. You can’t hate him! Plus, it’s true that you’ve talked about him the whole day. I just thought it would be good for you two to agree to a truce, you know?” She looked at me intently and I bit my lips. Yeah, maybe it was true that I kept talking about Zayn the whole day, but I didn’t say positive things. Well, not too many. After all, the boy wasn’t that terrible, he was just too self-centred. “Now focus on those cupcakes ‘cos after that, I’m taking you to Alex’s house, so you can drink but please, avoid rum.”

I rolled my eyes and breathed deep. I could do it. It couldn’t be that hard. I could be in the same room as Zayn and not kill him, or talk to him. It was a fairly big house, there were going to be more people, I could talk to them and forget the black-haired boy was going to be there as well. Yes, I could do it, and maybe Moni was right, we could agree to a truce.

I got back to my task and finished with the cupcakes. For some reason, I was getting nervous and anxious. Silly me, I didn’t have a reason to get nervous, it was just a BBQ with a very infuriating boy and other friends. Well, just Alex was my friend and I could guess that Niall was getting into that category —I really liked that boy, he made Alex so happy and he was so sweet and cute.

After the cupcakes were done, I picked a few —because I made so many as Moni really loved my cupcakes— and put them to go. My friend took the keys of my car and took me to Alex house. We had to call her to ask for directions, as I’d never been there before. During the ride I got even more anxious and Moni noticed.