84. Jeremy

"Thank you so much! You don't even understand how much this means to me," Sharon won't stop reminding me how much my help has changed her life.

"Yea, well, we're going to find Solane now. So... you need to get rid of your car. Or hide it or something. You're traveling with me."

Sharon nods her head happily. "Yeah, of course. I just.... I'm not really from here. Not sure where I'd hide this huge car..."

I sigh. "Give me your keys." She hands it over and I open the driver door. I start walking towards her car which she had parked on the side of the road quite far from mine. The breeze shakes the trees and its leaves. I breathe in the fresh air.

"Jeremy," the breeze whispers, or is it Solie. I quickly turn around, but there's nothing there. Then, I feel a hand on my shoulder followed by a gentle squeeze. Peering behind me, I see curly hair. The same type Solane has. My heart pounds and my eyes begin to water a little.

I turn around to complete my 360 degree spin, but again there's nothing. No one's there. Solane is in my head.

At this point, I'm breathing heavily. I shake my head in attempt to focus. I finally reach Sharon's car when I hear an engine start. And it's hers, it's mine. Is Sharon trying to steal my car? She starts speeding off. I quickly open the driver's door and start her car. I look around. Yea.. way too girly for my taste.

I'm just about to call her when I realize I left my phone in my car. I speed after her while honking the horn, yet she still refuses to stop driving. She drives so recklessly in the wrong lanes in attempt to throw me off her trail. What she doesn't realize is that I'm too trained in these types of getaways.

"That lying bitch," I tell myself. "She's so fucking dead." And I floor the pedal.