"I said take your time, and stop by to see if any male came in the post, Andersons waitin on a letter." Levicy said. Chyna bowed her head a bit "yes ma'am" she said.

Chyna mounted Cap's former horse "been a while since you got to leave no where huh?" She asked it. He seemed happy to have his gear put on him again. "Come on, we got a nice ride ahead of us." Chyna said, she wasn't the best rider but she knew how to ride just enough to get a well tempered horse were she needs it to go.

When Chyna made it to town she was thrilled to find Luella was standing outside the Saloon. Chyna had never been inside during the daytime and wasn't sure she had the gall to just stroll inside.

"Chyna!" Luella called waving her over. Chyna rode the horse near the hitching post.  Luella tied the horse there for her while Chyna dismounted. "Got me shocked right out of my shoesb seein you here in the daylight." Luella said playfully. " ain't you just. I came here because - well I need your help." Chyna said. Luella could see the worry on her face.

"Not out here, up to my room." Said Luella leading Chyna inside. The girls drew little attention to themselves as they moved carefully through the bar and up to the rooms. It was hard to get used to the sounds coming out of the rooms.  It was far more active up there during the day than at night, seemed odd.

Once inside Luella's room, with the door locked, Chyna told all. From the poisioning, to Nancy and Johnsey's marriage. Luella crossed her arms and scowled "dont trust that McCoy Bitch!" Luella said roughly. Chyna sighed and chose to ignore it "I came here to ask you to write down a letter for me. I cant do it myself...I was wondering if I tell you what to write, would you write it?" Chyna asked.

"Depends...who's it goin to? I ain't gone help Johnsey's marriage to this....thing." Luella hissed. "To Calvin." Chyna said. "Why? He poisoned you didn't he?" She asked. "So says Nancy...and then he asked her to too. But, to be honest I'm not sure who to believe." Chyna muttered. "You believe the folk who have had your best intrest in mind the most. Figure out who that is cause they won't lead you wrong." Said Luella.

Her words made Chyna's stomach knot up. She already had the answer to that and its not one she wanted. Luella fetched a quill and paper. "Alright, so start whenever you like." Luella said dipping the feather tip into th ink. Chyna sighed and closed her eyes.

"Dear Calvin,
I am aggrieved to have to send such a letter. I had hoped we had parted as friends. An' as my friend, i'd like to trust you, so I ask you this directly -"

Chyna spoke watching Luella write down her words in beautiful curly words.

"-did you or didn't you attempt to pioson me on your last meeting. I have gotten word that you have threatened and forced miss Nancy to play part in it. If this is so - make your piece with the lord and confess the truth now. For you and I are neither innocent, but I will not charge the losses this has caused to you. As I have learned of vengence and it is a bitter fruit. You will live with all the things you have done til they commit your body to the ground. For if it was or wasn't your idea, you played part. - Signed a friend" Calvin read.

Calvin shuddered, with all the comotion with the feud the mailmen had been delieving letters far faster than usual into pikeville. It was only a little past 11:30 and yet new mail had come. Calvin stood alone in the post office, he must have read the letter 3 times over. "Nancy" he growled quietly stuffing the letter into his coat. Calvin walked out the post office and headed for home. He had a letter to write. He wasnt going to be Nancy's sacrificial lamb in all of this.

Nancy was inside the small cabin still sleeping. Ever since she moved out into the cramped one roomed cabin with Johnsey, she hadn't been getting much sleep. Atleast thats what she told herself.  It wasn't the fact that night and day her mind reeled about the Hatfields,  and her stomach burned with acid like anger when she thought of her mother and father. Thoughts of what could have been, what should have been.