Chapter 3

Chapter 3- A Mutual Agreement

"Tanner come on, pick up!" I groan as the dial tone sounds in my ear.

What an ass. Leaving me stranded at school. I can bet that I'm going to have to walk home at the end of the day because that idiot forgot to fill his car with gas and decided mine would suffice.

I shove my phone into my back pocket as I walk to my Bio classroom. My day's been just one big shit fest and it seems the festivities continue as I open the door to the room and Levi is sitting at our desk, smirking over at me.

"Really not in the mood for your shit today, Levi." I say, rolling my eyes and avoiding his as I slide onto my stool.

"Okay Liv, I promise I'll be the perfect angel today." His too sweet voice leads me to believe he is going to be the exact opposite.

"Im serious. You don't want to test me right now." I glare over at him.

"That shouldn't be a problem."

"Good." I huff, even though I know he is probably going to make this period hell for me.

Class begins with us being taught how to do an experiment and as a few minutes pass, I grow more at ease seeing that Levi's delinquents aren't here. We're about 15 minutes into class by now and they still aren't present so I begin to assume they are ditching.

I don't like when they're here because as much as Levi pisses me off, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the attention he provides. When his friends are here, he either ignores me for the most part, or slyly treats me like a loser.

Now, don't get me wrong, he isn't a bully or anything, really. He just treats me with disregard like most guys do anyway. Which honestly just sucks.

The sound of the door opening awakens me from my thoughts. And speak of the Devil, in walks Zander, Levi's number one partner in crime. Not far behind him are the other delinquents in our class, Stephen and Nate.

Nobody pays them any attention as they walk in except for Levi. They smirk over at him and he smirks back. I repress the urge to roll my eyes at them.

As if a switch was turned, Levi's demeanor towards me changes as it always has when they arrive. And suddenly, just like that, I'm irrelevant.

Class rolls by until we reach the period for the lab. The lab goes by just as quickly with Levi not doing any work and me doing all of it.

With his friends here during the lab, he acts as if he doesn't care but I can still see him paying a little attention to what I'm doing every now and then. I can see his curiousity out of the corner of my eye as he subtly watches me mix different enzymes and sugars. He's really not dumb he just lacks the motivation to try. And if there is one thing I've learned from him in these past few weeks it's that just because you get bad grades doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you don't try.

"Levi I'm done. Can you go get us the lab report on Mrs. Z's desk?" I ask in a tired tone, resting my elbow on the table and my head in my hand.

It would be nice to have a little help from him. It's exausting having to do everything.

He narrows his eyes, giving me a look. I sigh in return and move to get up and do it myself but his hand on my wrist stops me.

I turn to look at him only to see him glancing all around the room as if to check for any wandering eyes that might see him being kind to me.

"No, I'll do it." He says, quickly releasing my wrist and taking one last glance around before getting up.

I sit back down and clench my jaw, glaring at his back as he walks to the table where the lab reports lie.