Chapter Seventeen: Within the Serpents Grasp Part Three

We followed Bra'tac through part of the ship, until we reached a weapons storage room. Bra'tac moved over to one of the boxes and opened it up. I could see both human and Goa'uld weapons inside.

"Here are your weapons, you will need them," Bra'tac stated, handing out the weapons. I got stuck with just a zat seeing as how there weren't enough guns for me to get one.

"Erm, Bra'tac you mentioned something about saving the world. Care to elaborate on that?" Jack asked.

"By assaulting Klorel, you have made that impossible," Bra'tac replied.

"Why?" Daniel asked.

"Among the Goa'uld, a Pharaoh's power is more often challenged by their sons than by their enemies. Once we had joined battle with your world, I was prepared to lead my wing against Apophis, in Klorel's name," Bra'tac explained. Oh, wow that just might have worked.

"Apophis would assume your attack was ordered by Klorel and reciprocate a daring plan!" Teal'c exclaimed.

"I had hoped to drive a stake of mistrust between them, now I fear they will bond against their common enemy," Bra'tac said.

"What bond? Klorel's dead," Jack interjected.

"He will rise again," Bra'tac stated.

"The sarcophagus how could I have forgotten about that," I exclaimed, smiling slightly.

I couldn't help but think about how Skaara would live through this, and I'd get to see him again sooner or later.

"Wait a minute; you put him in that thing to bring him back?" Jack asked.

"I knew it would delay their attack until he arose, perhaps when the warships of your world attack..."

"Um, excuse me; did you say the ships of our world?" Sam asked.

"Surely you have such vessels?" Bra'tac asked, looking at each of us.

I shook my head; face palmed, then started lightly banning my head on the wall.

"Well, we have a number of, of...

"Shuttles," Jack and Daniel said at the same time, while Daniel simultaneously placed his hand in-between my head and the wall. I glared at him for a second before relenting.

"Oh yeah, yeah, bad day," Jack muttered.

Suddenly it felt as if the ship jolted forward and I slammed into the wall and fell backwards onto the floor. A string of curse words flew out of mouth in Abydonian, and Daniel chided me about my language as he helped me up.

"We accelerate, Klorel has risen," Teal'c stated.

"Then the campaign has begun, once we launch we will do what damage we can," Bra'tac said, eyeing me for a second. I rubbed my head but gave him a smile to let him know I was okay.

"How many in your wing?" Jack asked.

"3," Bra'tac replied.

"3?" Jack asked.

"Teal'c makes 4," Bra'tac defended.

"Oh well 4," Jack replied sarcastically.

"I have trained these warriors since they were Chal'til. They have sworn their lives to me. It is no simple thing to ask," Bra'tac argued.

"And we appreciate it, believe me. But what are the odds of taking out a ship like this, with four gliders and ... maybe a shuttle?" Jack asked.

"A Goa'uld attack vessel is heavily armed, shielded and capable of launching a legion of gliders against us. I would say slim," Teal'c answered.