Chapter 3

I'm back with a new chapter! Please enjoy~

-lovesucks2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZhenNi's POV:

It's Saturday, the day of my wedding. Here I am sitting in a room with my soon to be mother-in-law who is helping me adjust my dress. My dress is a white long sleeve jersey and long tulle dress two piece.

"NiNi, you look very nice today. I can't believe it, in another hour, you are gonna be my daughter in law."

I smiled up at her. She helped me put on my white lacy shoulder length veil. I couldn't believe it. I was actually getting married to the person I least expected.

"I'm gonna go out to call your dad. You just wait here."

"Okay, AYi."

"Don't you think it is time for you to change what you call me?"

I felt my face burning up. When I looked at the mirror, my face was red as a tomato.

"Y-yes, Ma."

She squealed like a little girl and sighed, "I remember when you used to call me Ma when you were younger. You probably don't remember, but you said that when you grew up, you would marry JunZhuo. I can't believe it is happening now."

Ma wiped the tears that were about to escape her eyes. She turned to walk out to go get my father leaving me alone. Making sure that Ma wouldn't come back, I got the jewelry box and took out a small black box. I put the jewelry box back on the table. Looking at the small black box, I slowly opened it up. Inside was a red string bracelet.

'JunZhuo, why aren't you resisting against this? Even though I wanted this ever since I was young, but this isn't the way I want to reunite with you again after 6 years.'

I slowly took the worn out bracelet and put it on my right wrist. It still fit after all these years. Tears came to my eyes.

'I wonder if he still has his.'

Looking straight at the mirror, I told myself and the bracelet, "I'll give him one year. If after one year, he doesn't fall in love with me, I'll let him go to find who he really needs. Even if I fall in love with him once again, I'll let go," and kissed the bracelet.

I heard a knock on the door and I hid the bracelet under my sleeve. I smiled at the person who entered.

"Ba~"

My dad gave me a kiss on the cheek, "BaBa is doing this for you, just know that. I don't want you to become hurt like that anymore."

"Thanks, Ba." I knew he was referring to the thing that happened a few months ago. It's probably why he planned this whole arrangement without me knowing it.

Ba put the veil over my head. He helped me stand up and put my hand in the crook of his arm.

"BaoBei*, you ready?"

I nodded.

JunZhuo's POV:

I couldn't believe that I was standing in front of the altar at this small church. The people that were present were my parents, my sister(who arrived like yesterday), her father, DanNi, and a witness of our marriage. I was stuck in a white tuxedo with black lining waiting for my 'fake' bride to come. After all these years, I couldn't believe that I was going to marry her. She left Shanghai without telling me six years ago. What was I to her? Someone that didn't matter anymore? I wanted to know why she didn't rescue me if she claimed that she loved me. But she had to go and make her lose her memories. The church bells started ringing. The doors open. She was coming towards me.

'Wow, she is very beautiful.'

Wait, what am I thinking? JunZhuo, what are you thinking about? You're suppose to be angry with her.

'But she really is beautiful.'

I unconsciously rubbed at my right cuff. I'm not suppose to be like this. JunZhuo, this is a arranged wedding. Get it into your mind. Her father and her arrived in front of me. She kept looking down at the floor. Deng ShuShu grabbed her hand and my hand putting them together.

"I hope you can take good care of my daughter. I'm giving her to you now because I trust you."

"I will take good care of her, Ba."

I took her hand and put it on the crook of my arm. My father in law walked back to stand next to DanNi. We walked up to the altar and faced each other. The witness had our vows in hand and began to recite.

"Deng ZhenNi, are you willing to take Lei JunZhuo as your husband, in sacred marriage together for life? Whether he has sickness or health, poverty or wealth, beauty or plain, in good times and in bad, are you willing to love him, to comfort him, to respect him, and protect him? And willing to be forever loyal to him?"

"Wo yuan yi.**"

"Lei JunZhuo, are you willing to take Deng ZhenNi as your wife, in sacred marriage together for life? Whether she has sickness or health, poverty or wealth, beauty or is plain, in good times and in bad, are you willing to love her, to comfort her, to respect her, and protect her? And willing to be forever loyal to her?"

"Wo yuan yi."

"Please exchange rings."

My sister came up holding the two rings. I placed a gold band ring on her left ring finger and she placed a slightly bigger golden band ring on my left ring finger. This whole time, she didn't look at me at all.

"I now pronounce you guys as man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Her eyes widened upon hearing 'kiss' and her face turned red. I chuckled a bit as I opened the veil, cupping her face in my hands. I leaned in, giving her a light kiss on the lips, just like what I did when we were kids, wearing my worn out red string bracelet that was perfectly hidden under my right cuff.

And that was the start of my 'married' life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanings:

*baby

**I do