Chapter 3

"I honestly don't want to be here but I guess I owe the two this,"I said.

"you owe Jake you mean."
I cough almost choking on my thoughts. "Excuse me what?"
Johnny smirks, "oh you know exactly what I'm talking about, I see the way you look at Jackson."

I shrug as I looked away, then I laugh it off, "No you are really confused that is...Vanessa's man and I."- I pause as memories of Jake and I rush through my mind all at once, in perfect order. Johnny gives me a look which snaps me back into reality. "Right." He says before sipping his whiskey from out his flask.
"Aria," Nick calls my name.
"Excuse me Johnny as I pretend to like my actual ex and not Jake." I curtsy before strutting my way towards Nick.

"Nick." I gracefully hug him. "That was kind of you to...um allow Jake and Vanessa hold their wedding at one of your families finest resorts."
He shrugs, "I mean they're like family to me I have to treat them well."
I sighed realizing we could've been a family. Then I also thought about him leaving me after he got his memory back. "Aria?" He asked realizing I was trapped in my own thoughts.

"Sorry, yeah the two lovebirds...their love will never die." Well played Aria, I smiled. "Anyways I was thinking that we could have lunch tomorrow...to catch up."
I looked around before returning my gaze to him. "Yeah sure."

"You seem off tonight, are you drunk?" I laughed as I stepped up to him.
"No, I believe we both know when I am drunk, I tell the truth."
Nick leans in closer, closing the gap in between us.

"look at them over there, she's clearly playing him." Jake says right before he chugged down a whole glass of wine.
"Jake we agreed we'd help Nick's chances at all cost." Sara said.

"I know but then I fell in love with her...what happened when you two left with Danielle?" Jake questioned.

"She revealed she was pregnant. So her and I both have Nick wrapped around our fingers."
Jake tilts his head, analyzing her response, "that sounded as if you were planning on sabotaging Danielle?"
Sara shrugs, "you think I want him with either of them? No I'll let them have their fun and then bam! I'm his girl again." She said proudly.

"You are one conniving bitch."
She laughs before clapping, "why thank you, that'll teach them that even though I have a kid I can still be a hardcore bitch." The elevator door opens, Sara takes Jake's drink, "and the show starts." Sara takes a sip and hands it back to him before walking off.

"Damn," Nick utters with annoyance.
"Who the hell invited you?" Vanessa asked Danielle right before she was pushed off to the side.
"Oh honey!" She waves at Nick but he turns back to me and ignores her. I turn to snatch someone's drink and turn back to him. "Nick now I know you did not just turn away from me."
I raise an eyebrow calmly letting this play out.

"Who told you I was here?" Nick frowns.
"I saw it on Facebook, hi Aria." Danny waves at me as if I was a little toddler. She locks arms with him and I smile. "Well aren't you gonna tell her?"
I lean in to hear. "Please let it be known," I said.
Nick looks up at the sky, "this is my wife."
I laughed, "classic Nick always managing to get himself in these predicaments but never lies in them." I spat with a malicious grin.
"Sorry you didn't win."
I step up to her, "Oh Danny I always fucking win, even when it's not my turn." I reach my hand out towards Nick's face and bring him to my eye level and press my lips up against his. Danny of course furious pushes me away and slaps me, brushing my hair from out my face I toss my drink at her and walk away.

"Lovely party," I said on my way out at Jake and Vanessa.
"She did not just make this about her," Vanessa said.
"This is Aria you're talking about."
Sara gives Jake a wink before rushing to Nick's side.
"Go! I try to get people back together and they run all over you." She turns to Jake he proceeded to leave.
"Where are you going?"

"I'll be back." Jake slides through the corridors and onto the elevator and stands next to me.
"Yes." I maintain my eye contact towards the numbers before pressing the basement level button.
"Nothing," he said.

I shake my head, "shouldn't you be enjoying your engagement party?" I asked. "I would but I wanted to know how you were feeling."
I nod, "I'm fine." I said.

He heavily sighs frustrated he presses the emergency button and the elevator stops. I gasp before finally looking at him. "Good, I've gotten your attention."
I lean to press the button but he grabs my hand. "Jake," I breathe slowly lowering my hand.
"Yes," he says cornering my back up against the wall. "I can't stop thinking about you. When you told me you didn't want to see me anymore... I."- He pauses as his forehead rest on mines. He hesitates to lean in for the kiss.
"Damn...I can't do it...not to Nick and not to Vanessa."
I chuckled realizing that none of those people he named respected me. Including Vanessa, I know that she had him first but she slept with him the moment we had our fight.

So I opened my mouth, "But I can." I pressed my lips up against his, My legs wrapped around his waist he grins, "I lied, I still love you." I utter as I tug onto his suit jacket and he pulls it off. "Ah! no."

I pout as he sets me down. "You're such a tease, Carson." He chuckles as he kisses me. "I know. But I also know you want to get back at Nick so you don't get to have me. It's like you said we only want each other when we can't have what we want."

"Jake." I breathe. "No." He presses the button. "Fine then be unhappy with Vanessa who you clearly don't love anymore!" I brush past him and walk away.