PROLOGUE

The night crawls in and the birds starts to sing. Leaves crackling as the man's feet stepping on in a rush.

"Stop right there!" A guard in uniform released a bullet into the thin cold air of November. The sound of anger echoed throughout the forest.

The man panted, catching breaths as he rested behind a damped trunk.

"Fuck. We lost him." One of the guard stopped and looked around as he flashed the lights. "Go that way!" He ordered.

A minute passed. The sound of the furious guards slowly faded along with the fog. The man slowly stood up and began to walked with limping leg. He followed the trace he made; worn out ropes, sack of leaves and big trunk with an arrow messily carved on one side.

A light flashed onto his figure, creating a shadow behind as he walked to the source of light.

The door clicked opened, allowing the man enter the sedan as he made a winning face.

"Are you ready, Hoseok?"

He smirked.

"I always am."

———

"Well, Ms. (y/f/n)," she flicked the paper with her lanky fingers. "I see your CV is truly impressive." She continued, eyes still fixed on the paper. "I'm sure you'll be one of the best psychiatrist in our asylum." She smiled, showing the wrinkles that was hidden in her make up.

"Thank you, Mrs. Lincoln." You smiled shyly.

"But... may i know why did you choose to work in an Asylum? With a CV like this you could work in a top hospital, earn a lot more, living in a decent apartment," she leaned forward, putting aside your CV.

"I... hate the smell of hospital." You said, confidently.

"Interesting." She gave you a coy look as she made a tent with her fingers. "Here smells a lot worse." She smiled.

"It's... alright." You recalled the smell of corridors you walked through before you finally arrived in Mrs. Lincoln's office.

"That's great if it's alright for you," she stood up and walked to the window, standing against it as she looked down to the asylum's private park. "Do you know the Gangnam incident, Ms. (y/f/n)?"

"I do." You looked at her back.

"Good." She smiled, a bit. "I'll be giving you the greatest opportunity we can offer to you," you can feel your heart raced, waiting for her next words. "This might be a bit hard for a fresh graduate like you, but if you did the job really well, a bright future is promised." She turned around, taking stacks of paper covered in pale blue map from the edge of her desk and put it aligned in front of you. "You'll be his private psychiatrist."