Chapter 6: Wild Skrill

Hiccup's POV.

Thunder cracked across the darkening skies and lightning flashed throught the dark clouds. A dragon's roar was heard throughout the village.

"A Skrill," I mumbled. The gang followed by my dad came rushing up to me.

"Son, is it a Skrill?" My dad asked me. I only nodded and turned to Toothless.

"Let's go, bud. I hope we can get this Skrill under control before it attacks Berk," I said as I mounted Toothless' back. I was about to take off when Astrid sprung up to me.

"Hiccup, promise me you will be safe," she said as she took my hand.

"Don't worry, Astrid I'll be fine, and if the Skrill attacks the village, I have a plan," I replied. She smiled affectionately and let go of my hand then Toothless burst into flight into the clouds above. The shadow of the Skrill loomed in the distance and Toothless flew after it. 'This thing is pretty fast, it'll be a bit hard to catch up with,' I thought pensively. The shadow moved all around us until we couldn't calculate where it was anymore. Then soon enough, it bolted passed us and headed towards the island.

"Come on, bud!" I demanded. Toothless soared after the Skrill, but unfortuneately not fast enough. Toothless and I reached the others.

"Okay, guys so here' Ruff, Tuff, and Fishlegs Get the dragon out of the vicinity of the village. Astrid and Snotlout, you guys get the dragon away from the island and I'll take care of the rest of it," I instructed. The all nodded and headed to their sectors. Ruff and Tuff used Belch's gas to irritate th Skrill and Fishlegs led it all the way to Raven Point where it started to Chase Snoptlout then Astrid took over and led it to me. It chased Toothless and I all the way to the glacier on the water.

"The Skrill can't absorb lightning from theclouds if its just above the water," I implied. Toothless dove down just inches above the water and the Skrill followed closely behind.

"Toothless, there's a cut in the glacier," I motioned to a crack that was just big enough for Toothles and the Skrill to fit through. He dove into it and the Skrill followed, because the Skrill was about the same size as Toothless, it wAs extremely hard to out manuver it in the glacier. Toothless made a sharp turn and used our reflection in a piece of flat ice and the Skrill smashed into it.

"I can't believe that worked!" I exclaimed as Toothless soared out of the glacier through a hole above us. I noticed that the others had flllowed us, Toothless was about to seal the hole when,

"This job was practically made for us!" Ruffnut exclaimed. I smiled as Belch's gas covered the top of the hole and Barf ignited the gas with a spark letting the water flow into the hole and immediately froze.

"Well looks like that Skrill isn't gonna visit Berk any time soon," I stated as we set coarse towards Berk.

"Hiccup, that was one of the most dangerous things you've ever done, you could've gotten yourself killed!" Astrid exclaimed as everyone landed safely on Berk. I chuckled and pulled her into a kiss just as the storm started to clear.

Well that took quite a while considering the story deleted its self just as I was done! Yay I can finally go to bed now I' sooooooooooo tired cause it's like 1:00am right now. Well I hope you enjoyed my re-write!

Please comment!!!!:D :D :D