Chapter 5: A New Island

Hiccup's POV.

I woke up to Toothless licking my face.

"Nugh! What is it bud?" I asked him. "It's not even dawn yet," I added. he grunted in response a bit annoyed. "Oh! Right! Come on, bud." I quietly stepped downstairs and went carefully out the door then mounted Toothless and he burst into flight at top speed. We flew above the clouds as the sun started to rise. Toothless shot a flare but dodged it because he remembered what happened the last time he he flew through it.

"Okay, bud, let's work on your solo flight," I suggested. Toothless nodded and I hopped off him and spread my arms as a dragon did revealing the cloth I attached the back of my arms to my waist and I clicked a button that was attached to my new clothes I have that made a spike-like thing pop up on my back (A/N: I'm terrible at explaining things so the people who watched HTTYD 2 would know what I'm talking about.) I glided through the air beside Toothless. Then, a mountain started to loom in the distance.

"Oh no! Uh, Toothless!?" I shouted to Toothless, who was trying to flap his wings enough to make a sharp turn to catch me, but failed and we both crash-landed onto another unknown island. "We really need to practice more," I said as I got up and brushed myself off. "Wow, I guess we found another one, eh bud," I said as I took out my map with a blank piece of paper. I held it up to Toothless, he licked it and I stuck it onto the map. "So, what should we call this one, bud," I asked as I glanced at Toothless who was itching his armpit. "Itchy armpit it is." I glanced over the side of the cliff and gasped in awe. "This island is beautiful." Just then, Stormfly landed behind us and Astrid dismounted her.

"Hey, Hiccup," She greeted.

"Hello my lady," I replied as I kept drawing the island.

"You found another island I see," She said as she sat down beside me. I finished drawing and looked up at the sky, the sun was now in the sky shinning brightly over the land. Astrid lay her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her.

"Astrid, do you think I'll ever find Shadow Bolt's family? Because I didn't see any pther Night Furies on that island except for him and Toothless," I said as Shadow Bolt landed on my shoulder.

"Maybe, but we should wait until Shadow Bolt's a bit older and can fly longer distances before we find his family," she suggested.

"You're right," I kissed her on the cheek and helped her up.

"We should get back to Berk, everyone’s wondering where you are," Astrid informed me. She mounted Stormfly and I did Toothless then we took off towards Berk.

Hey, people!! I know this chapter's a little more following the second movie but I added a little bit of stuff in it. I hope you enjoyed!:D

Please comment!!!!:) :) :)