"Hey Auston," Jessica smiled. She stuffed her hands into her coat pockets so she could nervously fidget with her keys or whatever else was in her coat pockets.

"Jessica," He smiled. He looked good today, that was something she'd admit. "How are you?"

"I'm good, long day," she sighed and motioned her head towards the building. The two began to walk towards the coffee shop. Thankfully this time of day the street wouldn't be too busy, so jay-walking wasn't that big of an issue. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. It's stressful since we haven't been able to clinch a playoff spot quite yet," Auston explained. "Not like I need to explain the statistics to you- I'm sure you already know them," he chuckled.

She nodded. "You're not wrong, I am friends with Steve and that's enough to know every fact about every Leafs player," she laughed. "Okay that makes him sound a little stalker-ish, but you should know ahead of time that he's a crazy huge fan." She joked, making Auston chuckle.

"Your Winnipeg Jets are already in," he commented. "Though I don't know why you'd like a team other than Toronto..." he trailed off, trying to get her going a bit.

She gave her eyes a playful roll. "It's not that I dislike the Leafs, I do cheer for you guys... Just not when you play Winnipeg which only happens twice a year anyways," she shrugged. "I like both teams, sue me if you don't like it. I'll just move to Winnipeg and get closer to players like Scheifele, or Laine..." She lightly bumped her elbow against him, raising an eyebrow.

"Well those players aren't as cool as me, Mitchy, and Willie," He shrugged, trying to avoid smiling but she could see him failing at not smiling.

He held the door open for her once they reached the coffee shop, which only had a small line, and wasn't too busy inside. It was the perfect place for them to sit and talk.

Auston ordered his drink first, picking something weird sounding off the menu, just for kicks. Then the cashier turned towards her, "And for you?"

"Oh we're on sep-" she started before Auston stopped her.

"I've got it. I asked you to go out so it's only fair I get the bill, besides it's a two dollar coffee," he smiled. She appreciated the gesture.

"Oh okay-" she smiled, she couldn't help feel the heat rush to her cheeks as she fiddled with her keys in her pocket from embarrassment. "Just a medium double double please."

Auston proceeded to pay, leaving a tip for the barista who was working. "I should make you blush more often," he commented and the barista handed them each their drinks.

She looked up at him, "Why?"

"Because you look adorable trying to hide it," he smiled. She could tell from how he smirked that he was trying to get her to blush again.

Of course she couldn't help it, which led to him smiling even more as the two took their seats.

She took off her coat, placing it around the back of the chair she was sitting in. She tried to look down until she was sure she wasn't blushing anymore.

"Thank you for getting the coffee," she realized she hadn't said her thanks to him.

He had already sat and removed his coat. "Really, it's no big deal," he sipped on his drink. "Wow this is great, better than I expected."