Living with the Enemy. -Part 4-

Jazz, although immersed and lost between her books or her laptop and did not take long to notice how strange it had become everything. That is even stranger.

Sometimes she looked at Danny during the meal hours, he seemed more distant from reality but even stranger, he was not looking for a fight with Vlad anymore.

He had left the hostile comments aside and even answered him common. He treated Vlad like a normal person. As if for the moment he had stopped being his archenemy, which wasn't bad, she had asked for it herself.

It was still odd that it happened in that abrupt way but she tried not to create paranoia. What could be wrong with all this? Although she really didn't like to see her brother so distracted, as if he had something serious to think about.

Because his expression was such, that it did not seem simple carelessness, if not wandering. On the other hand, Vlad acted normal, but he spent more time behind closed doors in his laboratory. Sometimes she saw him take pieces, and it was heard that he was working on something.

It was not until she heard a little talk without wanting to.

"I accept." It was her brother's voice.

"Are you sure?" She heard talk.

Silence. Although apparently he nodded, then Vlad continued.

"Then it's done."

"Did you finish so fast?" Danny asked.

"It's a project that I had planned, but which never materialized." Danny was surprised to understand that Vlad already had that planned.

"Do you?"

Vlad sighed.

"I once crossed my mind to use it on myself, but I really wouldn't have done it. Maybe for some enemy, I don't know ... For something I never finished it, but as soon as you told me what you felt, I had to do it."

"Maybe I should talk to my sister."

Jazz was static, what did he plan to do?

"Maybe she doesn't like it." Vlad commented, believing that the girl could intervene. They agreed not to tell her anything. And the sooner, the better.

"I'm sorry Jazz."

A sound left her frozen. This did not give her a good thorn. She had to avoid what was going to happen in there.

She opened the door with a bang.

"No!" She screamed.

Her brother was on a metal plate, and Vlad about to do who knows with huge gloves on. They both looked at the shocked redhead girl.

"What does this mean? Vlad? Daniel?" She spoke..

"Separate Daniel's sides." Vlad gave her that answer. "Then he wouldn't feel anymore." Almost as if he had died. Jazz couldn't believe it.

"Did you agree with this, Vlad?!"

"J- Jasmine.." The man pronounced. "You have to understand, he decided this."

"You were going to leave me." She said to her brother now.

Jazz's voice broke a little. Since her parents funeral, she hadn't cried again. Or at least, not in front of others.

"Do you think you're the only one suffering, Daniel? What makes you sure that doing that will help you and not make things worse? Losing your humanity! What the hell were they thinking? I can't believe it, Danny."

Danny barely understood what he was about to do. Maybe it was not such a bad idea, if it was not because he still had someone... He was being selfish.

He would just leave Jazz with that pain. He would leave that enormous burden to her alone. He looked at Vlad and then returned to his sister. He couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Jazz. I didn't think very well."

Vlad lowered his gloves when he heard that.

"That means," The man inquired.

"I won't Vlad. I'm sorry you had to work on this"

Vlad took off his gloves after sighing.

"No, it's okay, it's your decision. I only wanted to help you. Jazz, dear, don't take it badly. I don't think Daniel thought about that when we had the idea. I don't think he did it with the intention of leaving you."

He walked towards the door, while the girl followed him with her eyes, and the other one just looked down.

"It's difficult to live with the enemy, especially when you yourself are... " He added, left the place. He thought that the teens needed to talk. Jazz looked at her younger brother again. He looks up, to hug her suddenly.

"I'm sorry..."

Jazz still with tears in his eyes, hugged back her brother. Both siblings had a lot to overcome, but at least they knew they had each other. And as for living with Vlad, Danny realized that it may not be too bad live with the enemy.