New Beginnings and Sudden Endings

Christmas Day, 2013

1:13 a.m

God she's so drunk, Warren thought to himself. He himself was a little buzzed, but that was from that half a beer. Which seemed irrelevant right now.

After the spin the bottle game, the party had dissolved into everyone congratulating the new couples. Specifically, Dakota and Max.

Sure, some of them were happy to see Warren and Brooke together (especially when she took initiative and grabbed his hand). The thing is, everyone expected them to be together. Even Max said, "About time." Although, she did avoid looking at him when she said so. In fact, those were the only words she said to him after the spin the bottle incident.

Not that she had the opportunity. Everyone except him and Brooke gushed about the girls' new relationship. Partly because no one saw it coming. Who would've thought Max was gay? Also, everyone had to note just how cute the couple were. (Warren mostly agreed, although he was slightly biased).

With a crushing sense of loss, he forced himself to realize that Max had to be lesbian. All those moments that he thought he felt were false. Not lies, obviously, but he knew now that they would never be more than platonic.

In a way, it was a relief. Their friendship couldn't be ruined if he never revealed his feelings right?

Anyway, he supposed him and Brooke were an item now. He didn't mean to think it like he wasn't excited, he was, but he never would have thought today would end up like this.

He never really had a crush on Brooke. Or considered her a viable option in the dating department. Basically, he never considered her a romantic interest. But what did he know about romance? He was just a 16 year old kid.

If there was any partner that would be a viable candidate, it would be Brooke, wouldn't it? She was pretty in her own way. Well, she wasn't exactly his type, or was she?

Was he a sapiosexual? Maybe, Max was smart in her own way. Brooke was definitely smart. Maybe Brooke was his type.

Well they were together now, anyway.

Which was the reason he "volunteered" to take Brooke back to her dorm after she had gotten plastered. He changed and somehow managed to get her back into warmer clothes (he hadn't seen anything graphic. He doubted she would like that. Even if they are together.)

He had cursed himself for not going to the party in warmer clothes. He was lucky neither him nor Brooke had gotten frostbite.

He had given Brooke, who had passed out from her alcohol consumption, a piggy back ride to get her back to the girl's dorm. He managed to carry her to her dorm room and exhaustedly plopped her on her bed.

He sat on her bed and looked at her sleeping form. She looked peaceful, that much is for sure. He liked her, and he was going to try to be the best boyfriend he could be, because that's what she deserved.

He thought about returning to his dorm. It would do him well to get some extra packing done before going home tomorrow, but he was way too cold.

He gave her one last look. They were a couple now, would she mind if he stayed over? Brooke may be passive aggressive sometimes, but she wasn't irrational. She could be unexpextedly affectionate, like the kissing they shared.