Chapter 3- Barbara's Reality

(Authors Note: hey if you’ve made it this far, thank you! I truly appreciate you taking your time to read my story. It means a lot, and I love to hear what you guys have to say about it so far, so don’t be shy and go ahead and comment, vote, fan or even message me. I love you guys!  Ps:  picture is of Barbara played by the one and only Katy Perry, and the song is “You found me” by the Fray, I thought it went well with the mood of the chapter. Enjoy!)

Chapter 3 – Barbara’s Reality

*Barbara’s POV*

                I got home pretty late, after taking Kylee home. She had a nice house, good neighborhood, unlike mine. It was about a 20 min walk from her place back to mine, but I really didn’t mind. Kylee was a very talkative person, aside from her thanking me every 2 minutes I learned quite a bit from her. Like how she had been working at the diner since she was 15 and that she’s been working there for 3 yrs now. Or how the blond girl she was defending, the day we met, was actually her younger sister Lucy. I learned that she lives with both of her parents, and their actually both pretty wealthy but she would rather work for her own money.

Wow

I actually paid attention…

I looked around my house. Place was clean, but then again there wasn’t much to clean. We had the essentials. Beds… chairs… a table. I noticed my mom lying on the couch. She looked tired…only my mother could look that way even in her sleep.  I covered her with a blanket. It was just me and her, and if there was someone I could say I was proud of, she would be that person. I went into the one and only bedroom in our house and grabbed my guitar & cigarettes and went outside. The cool breeze felt good going through my hair. It was as if God himself had sent it to pick up my worries and take them somewhere else.

But who am I kidding?

No God would do that for me. Who would...?

I lit my cigarette and began strumming a tune remembering how today had gone. I had spent my afternoon with Johanna. She seemed better. Johanna was probably the only girl I had ever managed to hold a friendship with. Most of my friendships turned to disaster. I truly cared about her, and I never once had any lust or desire to try things out with her she was simply just a fun girl to be with. Either way when I was done making sure she was ok, I headed out to old stadium on the outskirts of town to practice my swinging. I had been in the schools softball team my freshman year, but eventually got kicked out for calling the coach a bastard after making us run for 3 hours straight.  I swung a couple times, and before I knew it the sun had gone down. I kept playing, I pictured Michaels face was the ball and hit it with all my force. The ball flew and broke the window of Volkswagen. I walked over to it.

No alarm? Strange, I looked inside and bingo! I just won myself a new wallet with $153 dollars exactly and a gift card to Starbucks inside of it. AWESOME! I was turning to leave when a man yelled after me

“Hey, you! Did you just break my window??”