Chapter 9

Football, America's favorite past time

Football, America's favorite past time. Or is that baseball? I'm not sure.

Anyways, that's where I'm currently at. Seabrook's second home football game. I imagined it to be boring, incredibly so, but there's something about people being shoved to the ground and hit so hard they break a bone that makes me happy.

"Yeah!"

Eliza slaps my arm. "That kid just twisted his ankle." She points out.

"Yeah." I shrug my shoulders. "But it was entertaining." I send her a wicked grin, and she rolls her eyes at me. Zoey and Laken cheer in the background, but not for the football team. "You don't cheer for cheerleaders." I remind them. I feel Laken roll her eyes at me.

The game ends not long after. Eliza, Zoey, Laken, Bonzo, and I rush down the bleachers, hurrying to congratulate Zed on the win. Zoey and Laken tackle him into hugs, giggling as they all fall onto the ground. Eliza, Bonzo, and I share a glance, before joining the small dog pile. Zed groans at the added weight, struggling to break free.

"Okay, okay! I surrender." Zed shouts. The five of us get up, Bonzo helping the exhausted football player to his feet. "You guys are terrible." Zed glances at me, giving me an adorable smile. I do the same, moving to stand by his side.

"Zed!" Someone shouts. "You were amazing!" Sticky bon cheerleader. I manage to surprise a groan, hiding my face in Zed's chest. Zed chuckles in response, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Thank, Addison." Zed tells the blonde. Addison turns to leave, but not before giving me a hopeful smile. I roll my eyes. "You know, she's trying."

"I know. That doesn't mean I have to like her, though." Zed sighs, but doesn't say anything in return.

Eliza comes up to us, a big smile on her face. "The zombie party is on. Tomorrow. 8."

Zombie party next chapter!! I'm excited, are y'all excited?
Anyways, this was basically just a filler chapter. But how cute are Zed and Greer? Zeer? Ged? Gred?