hey moon.

chapter 2.

If there's one thing I know about PJ Ligouri, it's that he's a total drama queen. It's not really that he makes things seem bigger than they actually are, he just makes them more interesting. Which, isn't a bad thing, I guess. It just makes it a little hard to know whether I should be extremely worried or if he's simply entertaining me.

I start heating up the kettle while he sits at our breakfast-bar-thingy, moving his hands as he talks. "He was acting completely normal- talking to me and my friend, laughing. But, it's as if he went into some odd trance. He was staring at the walls like they were talking to him and acting like we weren't even there." I stand on the opposite side of the breakfast-bar-thingy.

"Then, real abruptly, Chris just ups and leaves. I follow him soon after to see where he went, but he was already leaving."

I rummage through the cabinet for a box of tea packets. I choose two of my favorites and place them on the counter. We only have two flavors- and the other is Dan's. It's like, Green tea, I think. Not something me or PJ are into. Speaking of which, I wonder where Dan went.

"Was he acting weird before then?" I ask, grabbing my 'Jake the Dog' cup and a Christmas cup for my friend.

"He was always zoning off. Y'know, in his own little world." PJ wipes his brow with the palm of his hand, stretching his forehead. "But, other than that, he was the same old Chris. I dunno, maybe he just needs time to himself."

The tea starts screaming at us. I pour the liquid into our liquid holding containers and I plunge the bags in. "Yeah, yeah that's probably it. But, it's pretty weird how he hasn't been at home."

PJ's eyes get big, "That's what I'm saying! I mean, after he left my house, I texted him and he said he had 'something he forgot to do.' I just thought that, since he's always forgetting stuff, it wasn't a big deal."

Obviously, I'm not very talented when it comes to helping out people. PJ knows this- he was probably hoping that Dan would be here. I know I was hoping he'd be here.

PJ sighs loudly. "Whatever- I'm sure he'll turn up soon." He stuffs his hands in his lap. After a second, he asks, "So, where's Dan?"

I try and fake a laugh. "No clue. His top secret errands." Wow. I sound disgustingly pathetic. It's like, without Dan I can't communicate properly because I'm so used to him helping me out.

PJ makes that mhmm noise. "So how's it going with you two? He still knows your name I presume." He's probably worried that he'd offended me because he gives me his ever-so-famous PJ Ligouri smirk. The one he uses to get himself out of an awkward situation.

I laugh it off. "He hasn't forgotten who I am yet. He has to check up with his doctor tomorrow, actually." I just remembered this myself.

PJ pouts a little and scrunches up his eye, "You think they'll find anything?"

"No," I respond quickly. "No, he should be fine."

But, what happens if he isn't fine?

It's obvious how much he's changed recently- and I understand why. Such a traumatic event, for everyone.

It makes me so sick, how selfish I am. I constantly catch myself worrying more about our 'relationship' than Dan's health.

PJ snickers with his hand over his mouth. When I notice him, he stops quickly. "What?" I ask, picking up my cup and giving PJ his.

"Well," his grin gets even wider. "I was just thinking, it's pretty awesome that you and Dan are a 'thing'."

I can feel myself blushing wildly. I start drinking my tea, hoping the cup will cover my cheeks. "Yeah, awesome."