Bakery (L.H)

I inhale the smell of fresh air as I take a deep breathe enjoying the chilly morning. I didn't quite mind the cold, I actually liked it sometimes. This was one of those times as I walked to work. It was a nice Saturday morning, my shift at the bakery starts in 15 minutes. To be honest, I could never wait to start my shift. My best friend Luke works with me at the bakery, we both work there on the weekend. The bakery is owned by my mother and the weekends is the only days she'll let us work since we have school during the week. Which is completely understandable but it's the only time I have with Luke here lately. I just wish our shifts could be longer. Luke and I have been best friends our whole lives, we're both 17 now and we've lived next to each other until last year when he moved. We still go to the same school but we don't get to see each other as much. A big smile plasters on to my face as I reach the familiar place.

"Oi! Luke!" I called out getting the blonde tall boy's attention.

"Hey y/n, what do you need?" He smiled causing my previous smile to come back with a slight blush.

"Have you seen my mum? She wasn't home when I woke up this morning. She normally leaves a note but I guess she forgot." I shrugged at the end as I went into the back to get ready for the day.

"She was just here, she went to buy some more things, we're almost out of flower, sugar, and some other items we need. She'll be back soon if you need to talk to her." Luke replied following closely behind.

"No, that's okay. I was just worried." I stood up off of the chair in the break room trying to put my apron on. Luke chuckled at the sight of me struggling and being to stubborn to ask for help. Without saying a word he quickly turns me around taking matters in his own hands.

"You worry to much, you know that?" I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smiling, Luke always does.

"Yeah but if I didn't worry about the people I cared about then who would? I mean look at you, you look like you rolled in the flower instead of baking with it?" I laughed turning around to take in his appearance better.

"I had an accident with the fan and the flower." He chuckled lightly, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as his cheeks turned a light pink.

"Again? See, I have reasons to worry Lucas." I teased, walking past him into the front of the shop again.

"Wait, does that mean you caarrreee about me?" He grins while wiggling his eyebrows

"I would say yes but I'm concerned as to what you mean?" I raise an eyebrow causing Luke to playfully smirk.

"Oh you know what I mean babygirl" He playfully jokes as he wraps his arms around me.

"Get off of me" I laughed as he pulls me in closer

"That's not what you said last night?" He wiggles his eyebrows again before winking.

"In what? Your dream? Now, now Luke, what did I tell you about having those kind of dreams. Naughty boy!" I shook my head moving out of his grip to finish getting the place ready so we can open.

"But I can't help it? The unicorn keeps making me?" Luke whined with a pouty face and I couldn't control myself anymore as I burst out into fits of laughter.

"The fuck Luke?" Moments later Luke joined in as we both just laughed our asses off.

"I don't know, it was the first thing that popped into my head?" He shrugged it off, helping me set things up and get the freshly made goods in the displays.

"I don't even want to know half of the shit that probably goes on inside your head." I laughed as he smirks

"You sure about that?" This boy, I'm telling you. But aye, what can I say? I love him.