The Reckoning Is Upon Us

Start from the beginning

"I know." She bite her lip and sighed."It will be her last dance."

*************

The 'team' had a lot of planning to do for the ball but it wasn't going to be easy. Athena and Spencer broadened there search to find something to active the Blade's true powers but once again all dead ends.

The brothers returned to the underground lair but it was all cleared away, not one thing remained from what was once there.

Blake gathered his strength after resting for a few days. He knew of what his family's legacy and decided to train. He would leave with Sasha who also learned more of her true self. They would train from sunrise to sunset,sometimes even past that.

Then there was Adeline.

As everyone around her worked hard to defeat Hecate,she couldn't help put feel nervous,she had never faced anything like this before. Everyone else seemed to know what they were doing even her friends who hadn't know what they were until a few weeks ago.

She had slowly began to distance herself from all the action. It was Thursday and the ball was in two days.

Adeline climbed onto the room of the Martino's Estate and just sat there. She didn't even notice when Luca joined her.

"You've been a lot more quiet then usual. What's on your mind?" He offered her a bottle filled with Vodka.

She wanted to decline but something in her made her take the bottle and take a large sip. The liquid burned her throat and tasted horrible but it slowly eased away her issues.

She took the bottle away from her lips and handed back to him. He also took a swig from it.

"It's just this whole thing, it's--

"Weird?"

She nodded."I can't see myself doing what my family has did for years."

He nodded making an 'O' shape with his mouth."Your talking about being a hunter.No one said you had to."

She felt--knew he was right. There was no law stating she had to be one,but she felt if she didn't become a hunter she was letting everyone done.

She sighed deeply and looked out into the night."Yeah your right."

He downed some more a low growl escaped his mouth probably because he also wasn't a fan of the drink.

"So when I was your age--

"Oh brother."

He grinned."When I was around your age. My parents expected a lot of me. Being the oldest and all."

"And what did they want?"

He glanced at the bottle."The perfect son. And no matter what--"

He paused and she turned to look at him.

"I never could live up to it."

****

Flashback 1362

Luca stood proudly next to his Father,has they greeted guest who traveled all across Italy and even farther from it.

"Benvenuto." He watched as his father flashed a fake smile in front of all these people. If only they knew the truth about what a monster he truly was.

A beautiful woman walked over towards them.

"AH! Miss Mikaelson." His Father pushed passed him and took the beautiful woman's hand placing a kiss to it.