The Reckoning Is Upon Us

Guest Starring the talented and beautiful Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson 

******************

The brothers moved Blake to a room next to Adeline's, she kept a very close eye on him. Athena brought a few healing herbs,and drinks for him to heal him. She also placed a protection spell on the house to keep anymore vampires from entering. Seeing as her brother being one led to other vampires entering.

The cool weather of fall had already vanished without a trace,all that remained was the harsh,bitter cold.

Dead leaves,and damp cool air filled the town,families going on about there lives knowing nothing of the evil upon them.

Much to Luca's dismay and Dante's pride, Athena asked both Sasha and Spencer for help. Sasha had learned more about being a werewolf along Spencer who strengthened his magic skills.

While both were at the Martino home,the immortal teens could look into there mother's whereabouts.

Adeline watched out the window of her brother's room as the once colorful forest turned dark and gray. The town was always eerie,the warmer seasons just hide it. But winter always brought the town's darkness.

The woods more so. You never could know what was truly out there.

"Are you gonna do that all evening?" A sleepy and lazy voice called.

Adeline's attention shifted to Blake. His eyes were open-lazily,his hair a mess and his skin quite paler than what she remember.

"No." She crossed the room taking a seat in a chair beside the bed."Just---thinking."

He nodded."I can tell...I know you want to know what happened to me." He paused.

"I do. But when your ready."

He smiled before looking down at the ground."You always did try to take care of me. Even when I didn't need it."

She returned the small."And I always will. "

They talked for a few more moments before Blake went to sleep, after that Adeline walked downstairs to find the others all in the living room.

Different emotions plastered on their faces.

"What?"

Dante looked away as Sasha crossed the room and handed her a red envelope. Her name printed neatly in black letters.

She opened it and it was an invitation.

"You are cordially invited to the annual Break-of-Winter Masquerade Ball on Saturday December 12. At 7 p.m."

She eyed the group.

"Read the back of it." Luca said downing his liquor.

She turned it on the back.

"I look forward to seeing you Adeline, I'll being stealing hearts. What will you be?"

Adeline was more confused then ever."I--

"She's playing a game with us. But I think we can end it." Dante smirked.

Spencer and Sasha looked at him."How?"

He adjusted his suit coat."It will be difficult but we'll all have to work together to stop Hecate."

"I'm in." Athena smirked.

"Count me in."The other brother poured another drink.

The other witch and werewolf agreed.

All eyes pointed to Adeline."You don't have to go if you don't want to." Dante reminded her.