{8} Saving Uncle Elijah

[ GIF COMING SOON ]

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Hayley said to her two children as she took off Hope's bracelet and Skye's necklace. She wanted to keep both of her girls safe, and she didn't want to force them into doing anything they didn't want to do. However, the girls already had their minds made up on the course of action they would take, on the role they would play in saving their dear uncle from his own mind.

"It's okay. We're not afraid," Hope assured her mother for the both of them in a soft and sure tone. You could tell that even if they were afraid, the two girls would still be doing this. If there's one thing that Hayley has taught them, it's that they're strong and fierce warrior princesses and that they will always be safe when she's around. In this era, women still have to fight harder for half the respect, and you can say this will only be the start of it for the girls. They loved their family too much to let everything be ruined by cranky spirit, or at least that's how Skye saw it.

"Ready?" Freya asked the girls, bending down. Hayley stroked Skye's cheek gently, before both the girls nodded and Hayley pulled her hand away. She handed Freya the two jewelry items and stood, following after Freya and her daughters.

"So he's just in there somewhere, clinging to broken memories?" Hayley asked, as Freya took the hands of her nieces and led them to a table as she bent down to grab a few useful things for the spell. Hayley stood turned away from her daughters as she bit into her wrist, letting the blood cascade down it like a waterfall before holding up a bowl to collect it.

   "The core of his being has retreated deep into his subconscious, but, yes, he's still in there," Freya responded, as the girls looked to each other. They seemed to be talking amongst themselves, with Hope assuring Skye that they could do it and Skye ultimately believing that she would mess it up.

"And I just search until I find him?" Hayley asked quickly, looking at Freya as she started to make her way to the girls' mother. Skye rubbed her sweaty palms on her jeans as she turned to Hope, who looked calmer than her and acted like it too. I guess there is a way to tell when a twin is older.

"You don't have time. There are too many memories for you to randomly search. You have to think, where would Elijah find refuge? It has to be somewhere that represents the fundamental basis of who he is. Hopefully, that's a good place. When you find it, draw him out and wake him up. But be careful, his mind is unstable," Freya explained, taking the bowl of Hayley's blood and walking it over to the table where the girls were.

"Mom?" Hope called out, and Skye finished what the two wanted to say, "Be careful." They knew their mother had what it took, she was fierce and relentless and just... amazing. But they also knew that she could be reckless when in the name of family or love, and in this case it's both. She'd die before she'd let Elijah stay in his mind, which meant she might die.

Hayley— had been sat on the floor in the paint drawing — had turned to look at her girls. Freya gave Hayley a look that said that they'd- and she'd -be safe. "I'll be right back, sweeties," Hayley assured her daughters. Soon, Freya had started to chant the incantation for the spell they were performing. Though nervous about it, Skye knew she had to join in with Hope at some point.

"Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz," Freya started, as all three of the Mikaelson girls joined hands, with Skye's right hand left out. Soon all three began to chant, "Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz..." Even more nervous than before, Skye almost faltered. However, she couldn't waver, her mother was the one the spell was on. She just had to be confident in herself. Skye had finally made it through her worries, when her mother started to flail in the floor.