Prologue

"NO. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE," Klaus Mikaelson denied harshly. He had just been told that a werewolf named Hayley Marshall was pregnant with his babies.

"I said the same thing myself," Elijah Mikaelson- his older brother -had said to Klaus, probably trying to reason with him by expressing his own doubts about the matter. Though it didn't work on the stubborn male hybrid.

"This is a lie. You are all lying. Vampires cannot procreate," Klaus continued to deny, getting seemingly angry. Hayley Marshall, the girl carrying the babies, seemed almost bored at his outrage as she kept a neutral expression and her hand on her stomach.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind. And this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes," Sophie Deveraux, one of the two witch sisters said to Klaus, also trying to prove the assumption is true.

"You've been with someone else, admit it!" The enraged hybrid screamed at the pregnant brunette werewolf, causing her expression to turn from that of neutrality to an utterly shocked form.

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle babies. Don't you think I would've fessed up if they weren't yours?" Hayley fired back, seeming to also become enraged. That is Hayley Marshall for you, ladies and gentleman. A girl who doesn't take any sort of shit from anyone.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her babies are now controlled by us. We can keep them safe. Or we can kill them. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress," Sophie threatened honestly, looking at them all. It had caught Hayley's attention, causing her to turn and question the tanned witch.

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself," Elijah offered, not wanting a hair on Hayley's head to be touched. He wanted that niece, he wanted to have her in his life because he knew that those babies would be the only shot of redemption for his ill-tempered younger brother, who he did believe had some good left inside of him, that just needed to be brought back to the surface.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules," Sophie said to Elijah and Klaus, as the Mikaelson man turned to his younger brother, looking as if he were awaiting some reaction that he no doubt meant to provoke. Though called "noble", Elijah Mikaelson was one sneaky bastard if you really looked into his past and who he was.

"How dare you command me, threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear any more lies," the hybrid screamed. Deep down inside himself though, he knew that they were his babies and they were going to be his weaknesses, but he was in denial and pushed anything of the sorts away. He refused to believe even what he himself was trying to tell him.

"Niklaus!... Listen," Elijah said to the emotionally distraught (and not in the sad way) man. Elijah could hear the babies' heartbeats, and just wanted his brother to listen to them. Understand that those were lives, lives he had helped start. If he wanted them ended, Elijah knew it would be the biggest regret Klaus would ever have. As his duty of being a big brother, he refused to let Niklaus endure any more pain. He refused to let this opportunity slip through Klaus' fingers. Elijah wanted Klaus to realize the importance of having these balls of pureness and light shed into his life.