Elliot Meets The Forgotten

Börja om från början

"Pie!" Elliot told her.

"Hey, Riley, Elliot. Can you put your dishes in the dishwasher please?" Topanga asked them.

"Later, mom. We promise." Elliot told her and left behind Maya.

"Job and school. Job and school." Riley said and began to leave.

"Uh, you could at least put them on the-" Topanga began but the door closed.

"Counter." She sighed

Topanga grabbed things and was ready to leave.

"Okay, fine. I can finally go to work. Am I forgetting anything? Okay, " with that Topanga left.

A moment later.

Topanga came back in.

"I have another kid. Why did I do that? Auggie, baby! Come on!" Topanga put down her things and called for Auggie.
______________________________________

History Class

"Who here knows about The Great Depression?" Cory asked.

"I thought it was called The Grand Canyon?" Riley asked.

Elliot snorted.

"Excellent." Cory sighed.

Riley smiled innocently.

"Who here knows about The Great Depression? Maya?" Cory asked.

"Nothing's gonna beat that, sir," Maya told him.

"She has a point." Elliot nodded.

"Farkle, save me," Cory begged.

Farkle stood up.

"The year was 1929, the stock market crashed, everyone lost their money and their jobs. And the people who were comfortable were now lost and became known as-" Farkle pointed to Cory.

"The Forgotten. " Cory pointed to the board.

"Working-class people, the heart and soul of our country, basically taken for granted in the first place, and now, discarded and forgotten," Cory explained.

"How could that happen, sir?" Lucas asked.

"It shouldn't have, Mr. Friar," Cory told him.

"But that could never happen to anyone in The Grand Canyon today, could it?" Riley asked worriedly.

"Wait a go dad. Now she's all worried."  Elliot said upset.

Cory looked at Elliot weirdly and then shook his head.

"I don't know, Riley. I'm sure you would never take anyone for granted, right?" Cory asked.

"I would never." Riley shook her head.

"And do you think there's anyone who cares about you who goes underappreciated or overlooked?"  Cory asked.

Riley began thinking and then turned to her twin.

"Elliot, thank you for being an amazing twin brother. You always take care of me."  Riley smiled at him.

"Awwww, sis. You don't need to thank me." Elliot smiled at her.

"And Maya, my life is so much better for having you in it." Riley smiled at her best friend.

"I know, pumpkin." Maya smiled.

"Thank you, dad. For the first time, I've actually understood something that you've tried to teach me." Riley turned to Cory.

"Please, bell, ring," Cory begged.