CHAPTER 7

Eventually, Natalie finds Laura at the cliff which they had discovered while just driving around together one day. Since that day, the place has been their "sweet escape". There Laura was, sitting by the edge of the cliff, with her legs dangling, as the waves of sea roared below.

Natalie walks up to her slowly. "Hey, you didn't respond to my calls. What's the matter?", she asks Laura in a gentle voice. Laura stands up to face her.

"I-I k-kissed him. I am so stupid, Nat. I should've known that he doesn't like me that way, I should've known. What was I even thinking? Why didn't I hold back? I'm so-"

"Hey, hey, calm down for a second." Natalie stops her rambling by holding both her shoulders. "Are you talking about Brian?" Laura nods in response, looking down. Natalie continues, "Look, the more you think about it, the more it is gonna hurt you."

"What if I lose my chances of being friends with him? What if he stops talking to me?"

"Listen to me, Laura. None of that is going to happen, okay? Don't let such thoughts consume you. I can't... I can't see you like this." Natalie whispers. Then she continues, "How about we go to your place and have our own moviethon?"

Laura nods, with a faint smile, as the girls walk hand in hand towards Natalie's car.

After a while, Natalie pulls over near Target, who receives a questioning look from the brunette. "It's no fun without ice cream. Come on", the blonde gets out of the car, as Laura follows behind.

Natalie is about to put two huge mugs of chocolate flavored ice cream in the cart, but she notices the same mugs in Laura's hands. "Oh you already got mine", the blonde says, picking out black currant flavored ice cream instead, which is Laura's favorite.

"I need to use the bathroom, you wait in the car", Laura tells Natalie.

While in her car, Natalie's phone pings with three text from Alex:

Where are you?

[1:02 pm]

Did you find her?

[1:02 pm]

Is she okay?

[1:03 pm]

Yeah

[1:04 pm]

But she's not exactly in the best of her moods

[1:05 pm]

Why?

[1:07 pm]

What's wrong?

[1:07 pm]

Natalie sighs, before replying:

Well

[1:09 pm]

You know how much she likes Brian, right?

[1:09 pm]

She, um, acted on her feelings...

[1:10 pm]

And it didn't go well.

[1:10 pm]

Acted on her feelings?

[1:11 pm]

She kissed him

[1:13 pm]