CHAPTER 3

Alex

Alex

"Your partner for homework?" Laura asks as Natalie starts driving.

"Yeah." Alex smirks.

Laura groans "And I'm stuck with Jeremy for the week. Ugh!"

"The sooner you get it over with, the better." Natalie casually says.

"Whatever." Laura says, looking out the window.

"Hmm. Jeremy. He um... I did hear that he's not happy about his partner either. What's with you two?" Alex casually asks. Laura turns around and gives him a deadly stare.

"O-okay." Alex withdraws, slightly raising his arms.

Before long, Laura gets out of the car as Natalie pulls up in front of her house, walks over to Natalie's side and they both hold hands. As Laura starts to walk towards her gate, they stretch out their hands, slowly letting go, reluctant to part ways. It seemed like they were being pulled apart.

Natalie sighs, while Alex rolls his eyes and says "You know you'll meet her here tomorrow, right?"

Natalie glares at him. "Where to?" she asks.

"Continue driving for 600 metres and turn right." Alex mimics a navigator. Natalie rolls her eyes as she starts driving.

As Alex continues giving her directions to his house, Natalie asks "Are we going into my neighborhood?"

Alex says "You turn left here, and stop in front of the second building."

"My house is on the street behind this one." Natalie states when they reach Alex's place.

"Good to know." Alex smirks, taking off his jacket.

"Make yourself comfortable." Alex says, gesturing Natalie to sit on his couch.

Alex's mother notices her and asks him "I see you brought a friend?"

"Mom, she's Natalie. She's here to do homework with me. And she lives on the street behind ours." he tells her.

"I see. Now I know why you look familiar." his mother says, smiling brightly at Natalie and she smiles back. "You'd want something to eat. So let me get something for both of you." she says, heading to the kitchen.

Just then, Alex remembers something. "I'll be back in five." he says to Natalie and runs upstairs to him room. He takes a look around his room. Not wanting Natalie to see his room being a mess, he tidies it up before running downstairs to her. "Come on up to my room. We'll do our homework there." Alex gestures Natalie to come.