"Don't worry," Charles smiled at her as they walked down a hallway, "you'll be safe here."

"Yeah," Abbey gave a small smile, "safe."

As the group got closer to their destination, they could hear laughter and conversations.

"No need to get nervous Abbey." Charles said. "You'll be ok."

Abbey swallowed the fear that was building up in her throat, and opened the doors.

The conversation and laughter stopped almost immediately as the doors opened.

"Hello." Abbey gave a small wave.

The room was quiet for a few seconds until a woman with blonde hair came up to Abbey.

"Hi, I'm Raven." Raven held out her hand.

Abbey shook her hand with a smile.

"Come on over, take a seat." Raven led Abbey towards the others.

Charles and Eric had already left.

"I'm Raven, as you know," Raven pointed towards a man that had dark skin and dark hair. He seemed tall even though he was sitting down. "That's Armando, but he prefers Darwin."

"Hey." Darwin gave a small wave.

Then Raven pointed towards a girl. She had long dark hair that reached her shoulders. She wore a short black dress that stopped above her knees.

"That's Angel."

Angel gave a small smile.

"That's Hank." Raven pointed towards a man that had short brown hair. He also wore glasses. To Abbey, he looked like a professor.

"That's Sean." Raven pointed towards a man that had shaggy orange hair.

"And over there is Alex."

Abbey looked towards Alex and smiled.

Alex had short, blonde hair. He looked handsome. Abbey found herself staring and averted her gaze to the floor.

"That's our team." Raven smiled. "What's your name?"

"I'm Abbey." Abbey smiled.

"Well, Abbey, welcome to the team."

❌ ❌ ❌

"We should have codenames!" Raven stood up on the couch. "We're secret agents now! I'll start. I'm going to be... Mystique."

"Why is that?" Sean asked.

Suddenly, Raven changed her body to look like Sean.

"Wow!" Everyone awed over her powers.

"I want to be called... Banshee." Sean said.

"Why do you want to be named after a screaming animal?" Hank asked.

"You might want to cover your ears." Sean said as he moved his chair closer to the end of the table.

Everyone covered their ears and waited.

Sean sucked in a deep breath and released it. A high pitch noise came from his mouth and shattered the window.

"Wow!" Everyone laughed.

Angel stood up.

"I'm going to be angle." Angel unfolded her wings and began to fly in the middle of the room.

"You can fly!" Raven exclaimed.

"Yeah, I can also do this." Angel spit what seemed like an acidic ball onto the statues head. The top part began to melt.

Hank went next and took off his shoes. Abbey's eyes grew at the size of his feet. The group had made fun of Hank for this but Raven defended him.

Everyone looked at Alex.

"What can you do?" Raven asked.

"I can't do it in here." Alex said as he stood up.

The rest of the group was inside while Alex was outside.

"When I say get back, you get back." Alex looked towards the group, "so, get back."

Everyone got behind the wall, then came back to watch.

"I said get back- what ever," Alex sighed and concentrated. Then, his body began to glow red and he made hula-hoop motions with his body as he released the energy that spun around him. When they were released, they had cut the statue in half.

Everyone was speechless as Alex came back into the room. Then, everyone looked at Abbey.

"So," Raven started, "what can you do?"

"Um...." Abbey began to fidget with her hands. "I'm not really sure yet."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sean asked.

"It means she can't control her powers yet." Hank said.

Abbey nodded her head.

"I would show you if I could, but sometimes, they just happen."

"Don't worry," Raven smiled at her, "you'll be able to control them, I know it."

Abbey smiled.

"Thanks."

Raven sat back on the couch and smiled.

"Now, who's up for a party?"