Chapter 15: Problem Solving

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Mr. Davenport's POV:

Leo and Adam look at me, mouths agape.

"What?! No!" Leo yells. "That can't be true; he's supposed to be fine. You have him the antidote!"

"Which didn't work," Douglas points out, and I glare at him.

"I'm sorry I-" I stop myself as Chase's breathing suddenly evens out and clears again, and I breathe a sigh of relief. "Okay, I don't know of that's a good sign or not, but the antidote still didn't work. And I have no idea why."

I look over to Adam, to see how he's taking the news, but he's frozen in shock. I feel so much pity for him, seeing his own brother like this. What I had said earlier was no help in lighting the mood. I hope he's not still mad.

My focus changes to Bree, who has fallen back to sleep. That's good because she will not have to witness this. My eyes drift to the floor, and I try my best to figure out what to do.

"Why don't we give him a little more?" Leo suggests.

"We can't risk him choking on it," I explain.

"Why don't you just inject it into him?" Adam suddenly suggests, catching my attention.

"What did you just say?" I ask intrigued.

"Just put it in his arm."

"Adam," I start," You. Are. Brilliant!" I quickly rush out the room and into the one next door. I rush to find a shot, and I do find one, after steeping on it. The needle pokes into my shoe, but not my foot, and I rip it out.

I run back into the room, and Douglas raises an eyebrow at me, and I reveal the empty shot. He instantly understands, as a glint of hope appears on his face.

"Quick, help me put it in," I instruct. Douglas rushes over to my side and opens up the vial. Ever so carefully, he pours the like green liquid in. Once it's full, I am immediately at Chase's side.

Right before I put the needle in his arm, I hear a slight whimper. I turn around quickly, and I see Leo's face has paled.

"Are you alright?" I ask getting worried, because I don't need any more sick kids.

"Yeah, it just," Leo starts as he sways a bit while speaking. "You know," he gulps, "needles." Leo suddenly faints and falls down, but Adam is able to catch him at the last second.

"You can just put him that chair," I say and Adam does so. "Okay Chase, here goes nothing." The needle pricks Chase's skin, and then goes through. He doesn't stir. After inserting the entire liquid, I pull the needle out.

A tiny bubble of blood reaches the surface, and Douglas hands me a Band-Aid. I give him a small glare, as the Band-Aid is hot pink. He just shrugs, and I roll my eyes while placing the Band-Aid on Chase's arm.

"There, now we'll just have to wait and see what happens," I say with a hopeful smile.

"What about his memory?" Adam asks, speaking up, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't know, maybe we'll get lucky and it came back already." I answer with a shrug.

"Alright," Adam says. Leo suddenly starts to stir next to him, and soon his eyes peel open.

"Leo? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I just don't do so well with needles." He explains, and little woozy.

"Don't worry, it's gone," I gesture to the garbage.

"Okay, good." Leo suddenly looks confused. "Hey, when is that Dr. Johnson guy of yours coming?" My eyes instantly widen. I had completely forgotten about that.