Chapter 12: Different Pain

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Leo's POV:

My hands fly up and cover my mouth, to hold back my gasp. How could Douglas have snuck up on us so easily? I guess we weren't paying the best of attention.

"Surprised?" He laughs. "Don't be, I've been watching you the whole time. I'm surprised it took me speaking, just for you to notice me." I narrow my eyes at him.

"So, let me guess. Now that you've found us, you're going to take Adam and I away. Then we're going to escape again, and until Bree and Chase have recovered, it will repeat. Then when will defeat you, and you'll get taken away forever." I guess, giving a smug smile.

"And then I escape once again, and everything repeats. Am I not wrong?" Douglas guesses laughing, but his expression suddenly becomes serious. "But it's not like that this time. I actually want to help you, because I guess I'm starting to realize the truth. I honestly never meant for this to go this far." We all give him a non-believing look.

"Okay, okay, I'm not asking for you to forgive me, just give a chance." He pleads.

"How are you going to do that?" Adam asks.

"I'll bring you to Donald. How about that?"

I look over to Bree, hoping for her to help me decide if I should believe him. But, she's fast asleep. She must've fallen asleep while we were talking.

So, I look over to Adam, who has suddenly become very interested in his shoelaces. I don't think he's purposely trying not to help. I think he actually is interested in them, because he has crouched down to play with them.

"Alright," I sigh, "but you need to hand over all your weapons."

"Really? I have so many hidden all over this place. Giving you the ones on me won't make a difference." He says.

"Um, well then..." I don't know what to say or do.

"Why don't I just show you to Donald, while you figure out your demand that has no purpose." On that note, he turns on his heels and leaves.

I reach over and pull on the back off Adam's shirt, making him jump up.

"What? What happened?" He asks frantically looking around.

"Come on." I urge by grabbing his sleeve, and pulling him out the door.

We immediately catch back up with Douglas, who wastes no time leading us down the various hallways. He leads us straight to the elevator, which I didn't even know was here.

Douglas presses the button to go down. It feels like forever until the elevator dings, and the doors open. We all step inside, Douglas pushes a button, and an eerie silence follows.

The elevator ride feels longer than the wait for it, if that's even possible. But the elevator finally comes to a stop, and it opens up. Standing before us, with happiness and shock in his eyes is:

"Mr. Davenport!" Adam yells and charges forward, giving a huge bear hug.

~

Mr. Davenport's POV:

I had been so engrossed in my work. That I hadn't been paying attention to anything around me, which includes the monitors. So, I hadn't noticed Adam and Leo coming, and the same goes for Douglas.

But I don't care about any of that, because I getting so close to a breakthrough.

When the elevator dings, I stop what I'm doing and rush over. The doors open revealing Adam, Leo, and Douglas, and I don't know what to think. I'm overcome by shock that Adam and Leo here, and happiness that they're okay. I don't feel anything for Douglas, maybe a bit of hatred.