"I'm sorry" Scott said through his muffled cries. He repeated it over and over as he rocked back and forth. Scott was a mess.

A knock sounded from behind his door as it does any other day. It was likely his parents or Maddie being concerned with him. How could he tell them that he was back in town and that he was longing for Elijah knowing he could no longer have him if he wanted him to be safe. Scott dried his tears as he looked towards the door.

"Who is it?" he asked, his voice shaky, evident that he was crying.

"Maddie" he heard her reply. Scott could here the concern in her voice. "Can I come in?" She asked.

Scott didn't want that. He didn't want Maddie to see him like this. He didn't want the questions. He just wanted this painful moment to pass. Before he could mutter a 'no', his bedroom door was being flung open. It was suppose to be locked. Locking him away from anymore harshness the world had to offer. Maddie pushed herself in. There was no time for Scott to collect himself.

"What happened in here" Maddie said after closing the door behind her. Stepping over a mountain of used tissues on the floor. She had yet to look up at her older brother.

"What happened to you?" Maddie said after she locked eyes with Scott's saddened and puffy ones. "Are you okay?" She further asked, making way to Scott's messy bed.

"I'm fine" Scott replied his voice just above a whisper.

"You know I'm not going to believe that" Maddie informed him, pushing a tissue away scornfully as she took a seat.

"You should because I'm fine" Scott tried assuring her. He just wanted her to leave so he could wallow in self pity some more.

"Is it about Elijah?" Maddie said, pointing to the ever persistent Elijah who was calling Scott again.

"Please don't say his name" Scott told her. He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. A dagger being plunged in his heart and being twisted ruthlessly by the holder. Just hearing his name was enough of a heartache for Scott.

"Did you two break up?" Maddie sent another question his way, shifting in a more comfortable spot to look at her distressed brother.

Scott didn't reply. They might as well be broken up at this point and it was all for the best. For the both of them. Maddie sat there in silence, taking Scott's silence as a yes though she could never be sure enough since Elijah was calling non-stop. 

"What happened?"

"Nothing happened" Scott said, pushing his phone further away. He could always just turn it off. All he was doing was torturing himself further.

"Whose going to believe that? You've been evidently crying and you've locked yourself in your room for the last few days. Then I see Elijah calling your phone nonstop. Of course something happened Scott. You can always talk to me"

"Maddie please...."

"What happened to no secrets between us" Maddie continued ignoring her brother plead.

"Maddie"

"I hate seeing you like this" Maddie said. "I want to help you."

"Could you shut up for a minute" Scott snapped, his sadness was being morphed into anger at Maddie ignoring the fact that he was not up to talking about his problems right now.

"Scott"

He knew his younger sister was just concerned for him. Scott just wanted to be alone for just a bit more. "We aren't some siblings who share everything that happens in each other life" Scott said, regretting each word as it slipped out his lips but he couldn't stop. He was frustrated. "You've kept things from me for years Maddie. You've been.....with Mikey of all people."

"You don't get to do that Scott" Maddie replied, getting up and facing Scott. "You don't get to throw my mistake in my face. I told you because I knew you would be there for me not because of this" Scott could see the tears forming in her eyes. "Carly's here to see you. I'll send her up" Maddie wiped away a tear. "We'll talk when your not going to belittle me" with that Maddie left.

Scott was feeling even worst with himself. First Elijah then his sister. He didn't mean to say those things. His mind wasn't inline with his heart. Scott knew Maddie didn't regret her choices and he was making her feel that way. She loved Simon and if Mikey was a better man then she would allow him in her life and Simon's. Scott ran his hand up and down his face in frustration. Things were going downhill for him and he hated it. He felt like he did before he moved back home. Alone in his apartment wondering what life had in store for him.

A knock came from behind his door again. This time he knew it was Carly. What could she possible wanted to talk to Scott about. Could it be about Elijah since they were both friends. Everything just went back to Elijah even though Scott didn't want it to.

"Come in" he muttered. Getting up off his bed. He looked like a mess and felt like a mess.

Carly soon emerged from behind the door. She looked better than the last time Scott saw her. The dark circles under her eyes were disappearing and her short hair was left flowing on her shoulders. Carly looked around the room, wondering what storm had passed by. Carly gave Scott a weak smile, holding onto her bag as if it was her life.

"Hey" she greeted, sending a wave Scott's way.

"Hi" Scott replied weakly.

"I want to talk to you about something but it could wait if you're not doing so well" Carly said, seeing Scott's distress. Who couldn't?

"No, I'm good. If it's about Elijah then--" Scott found himself squeezing his eyes shut at the calling of his name. 

"This has nothing to do with Elijah" Carly waved a dismissive hand. Scott chew on the inside of his bottom lip. Did he wanted Carly to be here for Elijah. He's stopped by a few times but Scott refused to meet him. He couldn't find it in himself. "I'm here to talk with you about something else. About Clover"

Scott felt his breath caught in his throat. The trembling of his fingers as his eyes met Carly's, "H-How did you....how did you know about that?"

"I'm a journalist, it's my job to know" Carly replied, reaching in her bag for something. Handing Scott a photograph.

"Where did you get this" Scott looked between the photograph and Carly. There he was, standing in all his glory.

"I took it" Carly sat on the chair situated around Scott's desk. "As I figured, you know him don't you" Scott could only nod.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" Scott gripped the photograph until his knuckles turn white.

"Where should I start" Carly allowed her bag to fall to the floor. "It all begun with Mrs. Hampton. No, that's not it" Carly corrected. "It all started the moment you came back home."  Scott knitted his brow in confusion. Where was Carly getting at.

"Did you know the night Mrs. Hampton died it was all a mistake. " Everyone in town knew the guy panicked and did the unthinkable resulting in Mrs. Hampton death. "Not just a robbery gone wrong" Carly added, making Scott all the more puzzled.

"That night, the guy was suppose to pay you a visit Scott. He just got the wrong house and delivered the wrong message"

"Why would he want to sneak into my house?" Scott asked. Knowing he was the cause of Mrs. Hamptons dead made his heart plunge into further darkness.

"To tell you Clover was here in town" Carly said. "Which now made me ask, What do you know about him? Why is he here?"

"Does Elijah know about this?"

"No he doesn't" Carly told him. Elijah was always the first to hear about Carly's lead in a story. Today Scott got a early visit before Elijah.

"C-Can you not tell him about any of this" Scott requested. "I'll tell you what I know about him"

"I won't tell him but he's going to find out at one point"

Scott didn't want that. He didn't want someone else to get hurt because of him. Not Elijah.