Newfound Respect

Aditya's POV

Though I totally agreed that the princess was arrogant, wild, feisty and a rebel, she had a devil mind. Her intelligent plan was enough to help us to win the war. Not only that, she fought the war with me side by side. I took in charge of the army to fight the battle on the battlefield  whereas she took the leadership of  strategically placing the archers and attacking the opposite army in the most unexpected ways. We won the war without much bloodshed.

It was time for celebration in the whole kingdom and we had organised an event where everyone, from a common citizen to highest of the ministers to the Royal family members were present. While everyone was engrossed on dinner and celebration, I didn't find my so called wife anywhere around. It was because of her genius plan that we won the war so effortlessly.

I went to her room. As no maid was around, I knocked the door. No sound came. I got curious and sneaked inside her room. What shocked me was that she was sleeping so peacefully. Though she was dusky in complexion, it was the first time I noted that her features were beautiful. That perfect lips, and eyebrows, that long slender nose and small ears made her look adorable. She was hugging a painting that was framed. It was the painting of her family. The picture of her parents and siblings smiled back to her. I could also see dried up tears in her eyes. Suddenly the realisation hit me. She was probably missing her family.

Out of concern, my hands automatically lifted to cover her with a warm blanket and open up the window to let in soothing breeze. I could see the moonlight falling on her dusky face. She looked beautiful for the first time. It amused me on how I didn't notice that before.

Only ten days had passed from our marriage yet she successfully managed to impress my father and my sister. She helped me to win a war and managed to piss off my aunt in the most polite way. My ministers were still shocked of her wild carefree attitude and her devil like techniques in war. No wonder she was extraordinary. Maybe that's why my father specifically chose her for me. Her arrogance matched mine.
I had a new found respect for her.