uno

"In Barcelona" - Ed Sheeran

Nia's POV

"Are you ready, Nia?" My sister Teagan calls out my name and I snap back into reality, looking at her like I am a fool.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask while lowkey peeking over her shoulder at the cute guys that are ten metres away from us, launched onto their towels in the white sand.

"I asked if you are ready to go." Teagan replies and rolls her eyes. I'm convinced that she must think I'm dumb sometimes. But she's my big sister, I guess every sister thinks that about her sibling.

I throw another glance at the boys, but they don't even notice me. The brown haired boy is typing something on his phone, while one of the blond ones is bathing in the sun and the other light haired boy is kicking a football around.

"Nia!" Teagan calls my name again and I look at her. She brushes her curly hair out of her face annoyedly and grabs her bag and towel.

"Well, I'm leaving now. You can stay here if you want, but Mum and Dad will be mad at you if you're late for dinner." Teagan says and starts to step away. I finally realise what is happening and grab my towel, shake off the sand and collect all my other things such as sunscreen, sunglasses and water bottles.

Teagan has already made her way halfway to the bus station, so I have to hurry. While running after her, I drop my glasses and the sunscreen in the sand and I have to run back to get them. When I look up, I notice that one of the cute guys is looking at me.

I avoid his gaze because I'm embarrassed about my clumsiness, pick both items up from the ground and continue running after Teagan, leaving the ocean behind me.

The past two weeks Teagan and I have alternated between exploring Barcelona and just relaxing at the beach and I have to say, I really like Barcelona so far and I absolutely don't mind spending another four weeks here.

The sun is shining, the weather his warm, the architecture is fascinating and people are really open minded and friendly here. I love it.

I've never been to Europe before and I have come to the conclusion that Barcelona is a great place to start with. The States are a lot more boring compared to the vibrant Barcelona.

When I finally catch up with Teagan, she's already sitting at the bus station, waiting for a bus to come and take us back to our holiday house where our parents are waiting for us to have dinner together. I'm a bit out of breath, I'm sweaty and my dark hair is all over the place, especially after swimming in the sea.

"What took you so long?" Teagan acts annoyed, but I know her well enough to know that she's not really pissed. She just likes to pretend to be. Though she's only two years older than me, I feel like she's pretending to be so much more grown up than me, which I find childish, to be honest.

"I was just..." I start, but don't even get to try to find an excuse because Teagan interrupts me.

"Staring at those boys?" Teagan knows me way too well.

"Yes, they were cute, weren't they?" I ask though I already know what she is going to answer.

"I'm not into white guys." She grumbles and it's exactly what I thought she'd say. Teagan has a type - she's into African American boys only just because we're half Jamaican - while I prefer to say that I fall for someone's personality instead of their skin colour.

"Stop being so superficial." I say as I get onto the bus, show my ticket and make my way to the back of the bus. I hate sitting on those seats when I'm all sweaty, so I prefer so stand and just hold on to a handle. Teagan follows right behind me.