" Shawn is not in this "

" Greet Shawn from me if you decide to run into his arms after this. But I don't think he will be able to protect you. Not only you but himself too... "

...

Life is made from decisions. I decided to make one too. I decided to end what I'd started. I decided to go. 

When we arrived home I ran to my room and I locked the door so fast. I took my suitcase that was in the corner of my wardrobe and started packing my stuff as soon as I could.

" Emma come here! "

Brett started hitting the door and that scared me, but I didn't care. I knew I won't forgive him for anything that happened. 

For less than one minute my suitcase was ready and the only thing left was my leaving. Brett continued yelling and I didn't know the reason why he didn't just kick the door down, but that was good for me.

I inhaled deeply and sat on my bed thinking. Is there something that makes a connection between me and Brett except our past? If there is, what kind of connection is that? Whoever said that you can't live a life built only on memories, he was right. I was asking myself if the problem was in me actually, but I was taking into account everything that happened. At the moment, I couldn't blame him or myself. At least not for what happened between us. That was my fault. But what happened between me and Shawn was only his fault. Or it was easier for me to just blame him for everything...

" Emma open the door. You know what happens when you make me angry. "

" What do you want Brett? Isn't it enough after what you've done? "

Out of rage, I ran and unlocked the door. He saw the suitcase that I put in front of my bed. 

" You're going somewhere? "

" I'm leaving. Forever. Be happy because you won't see me ever again after what you've done. "

" Really? And where are you planning to go? To your parents? To the people who almost gave you up because you decided to live your own life with your boyfriend? Do you think they'll allow you to go back to them? Or to Klara? The same girl that left you here alone only because I told her a few words that scared her to death? "

" You... "

" No, no. Let me finish. " 

It was no longer rage, that was compassion in his eyes. And me, like someone who was standing right in front of him, looking at his look and that smile that showed nothing but compassion for me, I couldn't stay there without feeling any shame. And the worst of all, everything he said was true. 

" Or you're planning to go to him? To run into his arms, to hug him and tell him everything. Do you really, but really think he'll believe you? Do you think he will look at you ever again after what you told him? I wouldn't say so, Emma... "

A few tears fell on the floor while he was saying all of this but I didn't let him win. Never. Everything that happened that day went through my mind. The disappointment in Shawn's eyes I saw that day couldn't leave my mind. Those thoughts didn't leave me alone at the wrong time when I was about to say something. 

" And what IF he believes me? You don't know anything Brett. "

" You think so? I know more than you think I know. Klara told me everything that day when I threatened her not to tell anyone anything that happened.

" You expect me to believe you? "

" Well, If I told you how you were always there for that guy while I wasn't near you and how you helped him to move on because he was incompetent to do that alone, and then how you fell in love with him and he fell in love with you, too, of course, will you believe me? Of course, everyone knows him so why wouldn't you be a part of his company acting like you're helping. "