Rumors and traitors

Depuis le début

"I can't shake the feeling you're only paranoid for one reason."

"I'm far from being paranoid. And if I were, why don't you just enlighten me, and tell me why I'm so paranoid." Izami paused as she took off her shoes.

"I'm not going to say."

"You said it for a reason. Just tell me."

"No. Forget it." Sasuke stared at her, but didn't say anything else.

"Are you hungry?" He suddenly asked. Izami glanced back at him, and shook her head.

"No. Not really. I'm actually kinda tired. I'm going to take a nap. Then, I'm going to see Kakashi-sama. You can go home if you want. I'll see you tomorrow."

"No. I don't mind staying with you." Izami sighed slightly, feeling stupid for not having expected that answer, but nodded anyways.

"Ok. Fine." She was too tired to really put up a fight. Sasuke smirked slightly, taking off his own shoes, laid them next to Izami's shoes, and then followed her into the house where he took a seat on the couch, while Izami went to the back room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Father, I don't know.  Is...I mean, is it really nesscary anymore?" Wabisuke's tone was soft, almost timid as he spoke to his father on the phone. He could almost picture Akihiro's grey eyes rolling.

"You have asked this three times this week, and each answer is the same. Must you keep asking?"

"I...I just don't think it's...I don't think we should be targeting Izami-san anymore."

"Why?" Again, Wabisuke could see his father's eyes narrowing. Wabisuke's heart quickened." Do you think she is no longer of use?"

"No. No I don't think she is anymore. I do not think it is wise to continue to pursue her anymore."

"You really should have said something before I had you pay Him." Wabisuke paused, and then nodded.

"Yes. I know."

"The plan will continue. Again, I will not tolerate anymore failures on your part, do you understand?" Wabisuke paused, not answering for a moment as he tried to wet his rapidly drying mouth." I said. Do. You. Understand?"

"Y-yes, Sir. I understand."

"Good!" Akihiro's tone had suddenly turned bright." Now, stop asking the foolish question. The plan will continue." Wabisuke's stomach dropped, and his chest welled up." Do I need to remind you of why you're even betraying your friends? Your village, Boy?"

"...N-no. No you don't, SIr."

"Good. Now, don't bother me unless you have something useful to say."

"Y-yes, Sir." With that said, Wabisuke's father hung up. Wabisuke sighed heavily, and put his hands over his face. Just what the hell had he gotten himself into?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I have to say, I'm rather surprised you're both here. I mean, Izami-chan I'm used to,but you, Sasuke-kun? When do you ever want to see me of your own...Consent?" Kakashi couldn't help but be a little suspicious. He was right, after all.

Sasuke almost never wanted to see him, even when they had the traditional team meetings. Wether it was out of guilt, or just plain out stopped caring to see Kakashi now that he was no longer of use, Kakashi would never figure out, but this wasn't a team meeting. This was friendly visit. With Izami. Like they had often these days. And Sasuke was with her. Of course he heard word from Guy that Sasuke never left her side anymore. Kakashi ignored the rumors. Figuring they were just that. Rumors. And Guy loved rumors. But to see it in person was another thing.