Next day

Abilene's pov
After about two movies, I told dad goodnight and went to take a shower, then went to bed. I woke up the next day, got up, threw on jeans and a shirt and walked out of my room. I walked to the kitchen to see dad making breakfast.

"Mornin baby." He says as I sit down.

"Mornin." I say.

" You like hashbrowns?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

He have me some, we then ate.

"Get ready I'm fixin to take you to the walk-in." He says.

"Okay." I say. I put my plate in the sink and went back to my room.

                                 Cole's pov
How could her own mom let her own daughter get abused by her step father? She's never going back to that house. Ever. Man I wish I would have found her sooner. She's been put through hell. I want the best for my little girl. She looks just like me but with her mother's eyes. She then came back.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yep." She says. We walk out, I lock up and we got into the truck and left.

"Ab, how long have you had anxiety?" I ask.

"A little over a year." She replied.

"How long have you been out of your medicine?" I ask.

"About a month. Mom knew about it, she hardly got it refilled. So Alex's mom did. She and her husband have taken care of me for a while when mom didn't." She says.

" Why didn't you tell the school? Or Alex's mom?" I ask.

"She knew and, I told her to keep it to herself. And. I was afraid of Kent." She says.

"In gettin charges pressed against both of them. I'm so sorry I didn't find you sooner." I say.

"Its okay, I understand how music is. Last year in choir we toured, sang many places. I know it ain't easy." She says as I park the truck.

We then walk in. Talked to her doctor, went to the pharmacy and went back home.