Chapter 15: Already August!?

August 16, 2012. My due date.

"Sage." I said after I got out of the shower, a towel covering me up.

"Is it happening?" He jumped out of the bed and ran to me.

"No, but should it be?" I asked.

"I don't know... Today is your due date."

"I want her to come. TODAY!" I said.

"So do I." Sage sighed.

"Get the hell outta me!"

"Jule, calm down."

"I know, I just want her to get outta me!" I said and my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Jule! I miss you and I need your help!" Someone said quickly. I looked at the caller I.D... Sophie.

"What do you want?" I said plainly.

"I-I need you to come over!" She cried.

"I'll be over in a few." I said and hung up.

"Where you going?" Sage asked.

"Sophie's." I said, got dressed, brushed my hair, and went to get the keys.

"Julia, are you sure? This could be a set up." He warned.

"Yes, I'm sure, she's still my best friend and she needs me." I said and walked out.

"She tried killing you!" He yelled after me and I kept walking. I got in and drove over to her house. Her mom wasn't home, and I pulled in. I got out and the front door opened.

"Julia!" She ran out and hugged me.

"Soph?" I said, warily. "What's wrong?" I said.

"Come in, first." She said and I did.

"Okay?" I said and sat down, "What is it?"

"Er, I miss you so much and I wanted to say I'm sorry! I've missed being around you and I still want to be apart of the baby's life." She explained.

"I missed you too and your goddaughter's name is Lillian Grace." I said, smiling.

"My...what?" She giggled in happiness.

"Goddaughter." I said.

"Wow, thanks and your the godmother of whatever it is." She said and my gaze shifted to her belly. She followed my gaze and smiled shyly.

"How far along?" I asked.

"Two months. And it's Sam's, he's ready to be a father, and I'm ready to be a mother."

"Do your parents know?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"No, my dad won't care, but my mom is a different story."

"Today is my due date." I said changing the subject, seeing the pain in her face.

"What if you have her here!?" She asked, scared to death.

"Don't worry, I should be fine. And we'll make it to the hospital in time." I smiled.

"Okay."

We talked for awhile and I went home, nothing had happened, with Lily. Though, my mom did start calling every fifteen minutes. When I got home, Mom just came over and nothing happened. I sat there all day waiting for something to happen, and nothing did. Mom ended up spending the night, for a week!