The Victory

Sometimes to live is the most courageous thing to do. Just live. Not fighting, not winning, just living. I have always taken that just as a quote but today I figured out the reality behind this simple sentence as I stand bereft of my love who sought someone else.

People see the fame, the success and the name I won out of my hardwork but all that is nullified with the loss of the person whom I held as my most prized possession. I had lost the biggest war of my life even after winning many which now lay forgotten in the dark abyss of my mind.

Hearing the taunts on being in a live-in relationship, being termed as the controversy lover meant nothing in comparison to what I feel today. What I feel now as the person whom I thought to be my solace goes around with the person who threatened to kill me. My solace has withered off, and so has my peace. All that remains is the pain that kills me from within.

This stress was destroying me from within since days but it's final destination was finally found today as I was informed that the owner of my soul, the person whom I considered as my everything was with the person tormenting me. I had been a rainbow. A rainbow with nine different emotions. But all those emotions converged into one single color, the most prominent of all; black, the color of darkness. The darkness which filled my life and the darkness which invaded my heart.

I looked around me for one last time, hoping that if I had an afterlife like people believed, I would never remember these. I was running away from everything that reminded me of the sin I committed, sin of loving someone unconditionally.

My thoughts raced towards my parents. Parents who couldn't hear my pain in the voice. My parents who pushed me into financial crisis and ended up making Arnav the only branch in the whirlwind which I could hold on. But my last thoughts had the names of my fans on them. The fans who loved me unconditionally and stood with me through thick and thin. It is a shame that we have to part.

I held the rope of strangulation with my hands with the sanguineness that I would embark on a journey to find Khushi; happiness and myself lost in the atramentous moments of being the heir of darkness for months.

At last my adamant heart running behind the one ignorant of it would rest in peace, my soul pining for solace would rest in peace, my mind sulking in the agony of love would rest in peace. I would rest in peace. Away from the people who cared less about me. Away from the people who made me a part of their lives with love. I would finally be Khushi I was not allowed to be.

I finally see the light which would cut off the torture of being the heir of darkness of beautiful and exquisite pain.

I finally see Khushi, the smiling one and the lively one.

I finally see me and I finally won myself.

The biggest and my last victory.

___________________________________

So, I am back with another story. This is inspired by the life of Pratyusha Banerjee, but of course, with additions and creative liberties. This will be a drabble in first person, meaning short updates. Please check the updated updates schedule. Thank you so much!