The Darkness

Did afterlife really exist? If not, why am I hearing all those voices? I cannot make out what they are trying to say but I can surely hear them.

A thought tormented me.

Had I turned into a ghost?

I had never believed in them but there was no other explanation I could offer to myself so as to why I was hearing those muffled cries and muddled voices. I was straining my brain, wondering if it still existed, to try to make a guess who was speaking and what was happening.

The first voice which I hear was of a lady. A voice which was unfamiliar and unrecognized to me. I just prayed that I was not anchored to this mortal world to bear the tortures yet again as I was too tired but it seemed that my prayers were rejected yet again.

" Pregnant. Exactly 5 weeks pregnant to be precise," said the voice of the lady, who bestowed the biggest shock to me.

I was pregnant?

Memories came flooding in to my mind as I saw myself speaking to Arnav that I wanted a child, whom I can doll up and play. And when God had listened to my prayers to bless me with a child of my own, I ended my life? Why was my destiny so crooked and biased towards me to plunge me deeper into darkness?

" But doctor, she is in coma. So Khushi's child would be..aborted?" A male voice reached my ears as shock befell on me again.

God had not listened to me, yet again.

Why did God want me to continue in this darkness? But this time living didn't seem so tough like I felt after those last minutes of flashback, splashed with regret and guilt and after knowing that I had a little life in me. I would come out of comatose if that meant my child would be alive but I will not let the abortion take place.

And then I realized it was not in my hands. Stepping out of the comatose was not as easy as it sounded. I could hear, my brain functioned but there was something that stood as a barrier from letting maneuver into the world of living, of pain and of love.

It was darkness.

Darkness which invaded my senses and didn't let them see logic.

Darkness which my heart was cursed with.

Darkness which ravened my soul as it craved for its soulmate.

Solace befell on me as I heard the next words of the doctor,

" There is no need for an abortion, Arnav. She will be fine. There has been many cases where pregnant women have gone into coma and have successfully given birth. We would just have to perform Cesarean Section at the appropriate time and that would be taken care of."

Arnav?

He was here?

The person who had pushed me to take this drastic step by losing every bit of logic that I possessed was the one who saved me?

I cannot move. I cannot speak. I cannot push him away.

I can just live. Live with the awareness that I was saved by the person whom I began to loathe and the person who was the father of the life growing in me.

The real question was, how long would I be able to live with this? I could feel myself screaming in panic from one side of the brain and if not for the intense pain which pushed me into this darkness, I would have gone mad with the insanity the ran through my veins as I found myself so helpless and restless.

All I wanted to do was scream out to the world to not let that man near me but something in me told me if he actually cared for me now. I banished that stupid thought of my obdurate heart which still dared to hope for something good and pure from his stables.

Those last minutes as I gave myself to mere oblivion were the way of self-discovery. They were the lessons given by god and there was no way I was going to repeat my mistake.

I would never trust Arnav Malhotra. Never.

------