|| Poison ||

[Edited]

  Karen held a red knife above my chest, pointing directly at my heart. I closed my eyes and whispered quietly, "Do it."
Her smile grew wider, "My pleasure!" She started laughing hysterically. After a few seconds, the laughing stopped and I wondered why I wasn't dead yet, or why I don't feel any pain. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that Karen stopped the knife right when it was about to go through me.

"This," her voice became harsh, "this isn't fun at all if you just accept it." She glared at me. I furrowed my brows.

"Not like anyone would care if I died..." I remembered when Zero pretended I wasn't there when I waved at him and sighed.

Shingg

"Urk...!" I cried out in pain. Karen pierced my left shoulder.

"Hahaha! That pained face is so beautiful," She twisted the knife.

"Argh..." The pain spread throught my body. Karen spoke again in a cruel voice.

"All I have to do now it wait until the poison I have inserted into your blood to spread. HAHAHA!" She harshly twisted then tore the knife right out of me and walked towards the door laughing evilly. I sat up holding my left shoulder while blood is spurting out all the way to my wrist. She turned around towards me and said, "I forgot to tell you... You can't tell anyone about this.... or else the poison will spread 100 times quicker. Since I'm nice, I'm giving you another month to live."
Her eyes looked crazed. I clicked my tongue, "Nice? Don't make my laugh... ouch." A spark of pain spread through my body.

"Looks like it's starting hahaha. Have fun." She left the room.

   Back in my room, I've found out that she moved out and far away. My body became very weak. I thought that I would be in better shape if I slept. So, I skipped class again. And again. And again. It's been a week since I haven't went to class. I wasn't surprised that no one but Yuki came here to see how I'm doing. I bet she's the only one who would worry if I disappeared. I sighed and looked out the window. I'm so glad my vision stayed the same. It's been a few days since I've looked out the window. I spotted Zero with Yuki again. 'They look good together...' I felt a pain in my chest after I had that thought. I clutched a part of my shirt over my heart and closed my eyes in pain. I thought that it was just the poison so I tried ignoring it. I opened my eyes again to see that Zero was looking back at me with a worried look. I was confused. All I did was wave at him. He turned his back once again without doing anything. The pain in my chest hurt a little more. Then, I saw that Zero's right hand went up and waved without him turning around. Blood rushed to my face as I was staring at him waving at me. I sighed happily and smiled.

"Only 1 more week until I can see you..." I said to myself in a hushed voice. I placed my hand on the glass pane.

"And only 3 more weeks till' you die."

I looked back in horror as I heard a creepy, scratchy, unforgettable voice.

"K-Karen..."

"that horror-filled face is truly beautiful... but too bad I'm not there to make it worse...hahaha"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in your head. I'm making sure you stupid girl won't tell our little secret... or maybe.... I should force you to... maybe even in front of... Zero." She started giggling.

"Dying in front of your loved one would be truly priceless Hahaha."

"He's n-not my l-loved one you monster!" I screamed out loud. Her voice disappeared. I sighed and flopped back on my bed.

'I'm being tortured...' I thought to myself; tearing up.

   Next day, I decided to go to class. I felt everybody's eyes on me as I entered the room. I glared back at them while some of them snickered rudely.

"Dirty girl." One of the guys in my class shouted out. Some people laughed. I stopped and stared at the ground.

"Now, Now... That's not how to treat a girl." Another boy started talking.

'T-That voice!' I look up and see Kaname Kuran. He was smiling yet when I saw the guy, who shouted out, face, he was horrified.

"S-sorry." Next thing I know, he was apologizing to me. I sighed, "It's no big deal, stupid." I walked away to a seat as far from everyone.

   While class was going on, I silently cried out in pain.

"Ack...!" I clutched my shirt. The poison harshly spread throughout my body. It felt as if I was being stabbed in the heart. Kaname offered to bring me to the nurse. I refused but we ended up there anyway.

"What happened, Akina?" He asked while sitting next to me while I was lying on a bed in the nurses office. I turned my head to the side ignoring him.

"why don't you tell him? It's not like you'll die......oh wait hahaha you will."

My head started spinning. I felt dizzy.

"Sh-Shut up Karen..." I said quietly.

"Karen? The girl who moved not too long ago?" Kaname asked.

'Shit... He heard...'

"Ignore me... I tend to speak to myself." I said bluntly. He started laughing, "You are a funny girl."

"What?" I became angry, yet I felt funny inside. It was almost like the same feeling when I'm around Zero, but it was kind of weak.

"Nothing. I have to go back. Feel better, Akina." With that, I could hear his footsteps fading away. I was alone. I decided to go back to my dorm. Once I sat up the pain came back. "Urgh..." A click came from the door. I looked up and saw Yuki waving. I felt a spark coming from my wrist. Zero was close by.

"I heard that you became ill during class." She looked at me worried. I sighed, "Yea...ill..." I gazed at the floor. I looked back up and saw that Yuuki looked confused.

"I-I mean... It's okayy~ I feel better now see?" I stood up too quickly and collapsed on the floor.

"Argh..." I couldn't breathe properly.

"Akina!" I heard Zero's voice. I looked up and saw that Zero was hesitating to come closer. He sighed and just stood there. Yuki helped me back on the bed.

"Please..." I looked towards Yuki. "I want you guys to leave me be for a while." She nodded and left. I looked towards Zero still staring at me with a worried face. I waved at him with a smile that says 'I'm fine, go.' He got the message and left with a sad look upon his face. I waited till' they were gone and tried my hardest to walk back to the dorm. I fell a couple of times till' I finally reached my room.

'It's only been a week... how come it hurts this much already...?' I climbed on my bed a fell asleep thinking why.