|| Trouble ||

[Edited]

The next day, I ended up in headmaster Kaien's office with Zero.

"I heard that you two injured a student not too long ago." He said with a ridiculous smile across his face.
'I'm going to have to punish both of you for doing such a reckless thing.' Was written all over his face. You could tell, even though he was smiling, he's furious.
I turned my head to the side and subtly clicked my tongue remembering last night in disgust.
It's all my step-brothers fault that I'm in this f***ing mess... If it wasn't for him...

"I'm the one who hurt that stupid creature you call a student." Zero's loud statement snapped me out of my thoughts. "So, leave Akina out of it." He glared at the headmaster while clenching his fist. He stood his ground. I turned my attention to Zero, surprised, and blushed.
Headmaster sighed, "Zero, Akina's brother said that both of you have injured him and ran away. So, I'll have to punish you both," Kaien cross stood up and clicked a bracelet on my wrist, as well as Zero's wrist.
"You two will not see each other for two weeks. If you come closer to one another," he held up two fingers and slowly brought them closer together, "...you will each get zapped painfully," He abruptly made a zapping sound and threw them away from each other, "...so, please listen to me and don't cause any more trouble." Zero, obviously furious, punched the Headmasters desk and split it in half... again. He left the room slamming the door. Headmaster and I flinched at the loud slam.

"Zero..." I watched his back as he left the room. I felt just as furious as he did.. But a bit more sad.

Time skipp***

3 days have passed ever since I have been warned not to be near Zero. I felt lonely not being able to speak to him, even if he is rude.
I've been staring out my window the entire morning, watching Zero walk to the school with, a very surprised, Yuki. I continued to stare at him, with a lonely gaze, until he stopped in his tracks. I raised my head, from resting on my hand, in surprise. He turned around and looked straight at me. We made eye contact and I jumped slightly, then waved my hand, a little smile forming. Zero turned back around without doing anything. Somehow this made my chest feel cold and broke. I stood up and headed for the door. Once my hand made contact with the door knob, a cloth went over my mouth and some kind of scent made me lose consciousness. I fell to the floor fast asleep.

Akina's Mind

Huh...where am I?
I glance around, trying to figure out where I am. I notice a red, glowing light coming from behind me, and then a scream filled the empty space. I instantly turn around and find dead bodies in a pool of blood. Shocked, I gradually came closer to see who's bodies they were. I stopped walking when I faintly heard a little girl crying beside me. As I turned to get a better look, the crying became louder.

"M-mother..... F-fa-father....NOOO! Don't leave me!" She was on her knees, her hands covering her face as she wiped away her tears as soon as it left her eyes.

My eyes widened.
Me. That was me.
I instantly turned to the dead bodies. "MOM???DAD???" I gasped. Quickly, I turned to my young self and started running towards her. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't get any closer.

"Run! The attack!" I found myself tripping over the air as I sprinted towards, what I felt was, not an illusion. "The vampire! Go! RUNN!!!" No matter how fast I ran, or how loud I yelled, it couldn't reach her. Suddenly, a beast came up from behind her and bit her. The little girl then fell the the floor, seeming almost dead. I stopped and dropped to my knees, tears welling up in my eyes as the image in front of me began to get foggy. The blood-thirsty monster then picked up my young self and fled.

"No..." I couldn't go after it. Everything I did was useless. I wanted to run after it, but my body wouldn't move. I was paralyzed in my own mind. I stared back at my family-- dead. I couldn't look any longer, so I stared at the floor expressionless. All was quiet until a click at the door was heard. I looked up and saw a familiar looking figure. I couldn't see the face so I tried moving closer. It suddenly looked towards me. Eyes red as blood, teeth as sharp as knives, blood dripping out of it's mouth, and cuts everywhere. I screamed in terror.

no longer in Akina's mind

My eyes opened. I was panting and sweating like crazy. I looked around the room I was in. It was unfamiliar to me. So was the scent that lingered around the room. I stood up and walked around. There were small boxes, paintings, and a white cloth covered couch and more that covered other furniture's.
'Where am I? How long was I out?'
A loud click came from behind me. I turned around and punched the thing that came in. Unfortuanatly, it caught my punch and twisted my arm.

"Ouch!" I yelled in pain until the dark female figure let go of me. I held my arm as I crouched down trying to massage the aching joint.

"It's not nice to punch now is it."

'that voice!'

I snapped my head up and looked closely at the figure. Karen smiled creepily at me and laughed.

"Why don't you go back to sleep..." Her smile disappears and a dark aura surrounds her, "Permanently."