|| Death? ||

[Edited]

My body feels numb. I'm lying on something hard and cold. I can't open my eyes. How long have I been out? I hear some humming in the distance. 'Karen?' I forced my heavy lids open. It was dark. I couldn't see well because my vision was blurry.

"Ah~ good morning Akina-chan~."

Karens' eyes were the only thing clear in my vision. It was glowing with a bright yellow color.

"Ka-" I was cut off by a coughing fit. My eyes start tearing up because of the pain in my throat.

'How come I'm hurting this much...?'

"You have only 3 days left to live my sweet." She starts giggling. My eyes started getting used to the dark. I noticed that she was sitting on a couple of boxes carving something out of wood, with the red knife she stabbed me with a few weeks ago, that looked like a rose.

'You... You can read my mind?'

"Why of course! Haha how could I communicate with the person I hate the most?"

'Why do you hate me... WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE YOU TORTURE?!' I screamed causing my cough to worsen.

"You don't remember do you?" Her eyes turned cold.

She laid the wooden carving and knife down next to her and stood up. Walking towards me, she started talking.

"You, you were my only friend..... Until you shunned me because I was different from others! You left me alone. While I needed desperate help. You didn't save me when I was beat up. Instead, you ignored me!" She grabbed my neck with one hand and lifted me up until my feet didn't touch the ground. She smirks, "I'll make sure you will never have a happy ending."

She drops me and leaves in an instant.

'What.... what is she going to do?'

TIME SKIP--ABOUT 2 HOURS

"Hallo~ haha." Karen comes back into the cold dark prison she put me in. I had enough strength to sit up and lean on something while she was gone. Karen suddenly snaps her fingers and the pain in my throat and the numbness in my body disappear.

"Y-you... What did you do?" I started asking questions once I confirmed that the pain was gone.

"Hehe... I made the poison disappear from your blood, silly~."

"WHY?!"

"Let's just say, it's. A. Se-cr-et. Haha." She unlocks the door and a bright light comes in hurting my eyes.

"You can go~. I probably don't need to torture you anymore my dear. I have a new victim."

I took a deep breath and ran out side the prison I was locked up in for 3 weeks. The first thing I thought was to get some food.
TIME SKIP

   I've made my way back to the school gates, into headmaster Kaien's office, and got his approval to stay back in school. I was so happy. I had no more worries. All I wanted to do was see Zero. I asked Yuki if she knew where he was. She told me he's behind the school. Where Zero and I always spoke. I ran as quickly as I could to get there.

"Zero!" Once I saw him I jumped into his arms instantly.

"I'm not going to die anymore! Now I can be with y-" He pushes me away and backed up.

"Who are you?"

-

-

-

-

-

-

(Hello~ I have no idea if this was a short chapter but, hope you enjoyed the cliff hanger! I'll reveal the secret in Zero's POV in a couple of chapters. Stay tuned *randomly poses* 
_(:з」∠)_ )