Matchmaker

This is not mine
Credits to in-neverlxnd on tumblr

====================================

Josh Matthews x Reader

You were invited to spend Christmas with the Matthews, since you had nothing planned

You were invited to spend Christmas with the Matthews, since you had nothing planned. Your parents let you, since you were nearly an adult. Regardless of your age, you became friends with the gang, they were fun to hang out with without you having to feel like the ‘mom’ friend.

You knocked on the door to the Matthews’ home, Riley opening the door and greeting you. “Hey y/n.” She smiled, giving you a hug. “Hey Riles.” You greet back, before going to hug Topanga, “glad you could make it Y/n.”

“Thanks for inviting me.” you laugh, before going to Cory. “You’re not Shawn.” he gave you a playful glare. “Sorry I’m not your imaginary friend Matthews.” you fired back, Cory laughs before giving you a hug. You walk over to where Maya and Riley are, sitting next to Maya. “Hey Y/N.” She greeted, laying her head on your shoulder. “Little Hart.” You laugh, patting her head. The three of you talk before you hear the door open, three people coming in.

“Boing.” Maya says, and you look up, seeing Josh. “Uncle Josh!” Riley smiles, hugging Josh, Maya doing the same. “Hello Y/N.” Josh smiles at you, your cheeks heating up. “Hi Josh.” You had a crush on Josh Matthews, which your friends knew about. But Riley knew Josh liked you and decided to tell Maya.

Josh sat down next to you and the both of you started talking, laughing and catching up. “Bay window, bay window right now.” Riley told Maya, before the two walked to Riley’s room. “What’s up Riles?” Maya asked as she sat down. “We should set up Josh and y/n.” Riley declared. “B-but Uncle Boing.” Maya whined. “C’mon Maya, Josh likes Y/N and Y/N likes Josh. We should do it.”

“Fine.” Maya grumbled, before they both discussed a plan. Maya went to get you and lead you to the bay window. “What am I doing here?” You asked, Riley having a big grin on her face. “Nothing, can’t best friends talk?” She retaliated. Next thing you know, you see Josh being pushed through the door and Riley running out laughing with Maya. Josh gives you a confused look before going to open the door, Maya standing there.

“Nope go back inside.” She said sternly, closing the door. You open the window and Riley crawls, “you can’t leave Y/n. Not until you tell him.” So that’s what they were planning. “I’m not gonna tell him.” you whispered. “Just tell him y/n, you’ll be surprised.” You didn’t get a chance to reply, before Riley closed the window. “So I guess we can’t leave.” Josh mumbles before sitting next to you, your cheeks heating up.

“You know why they locked us here?” Josh asked, and you sighed, knowing why. “Yeah, Riley told me. She wouldn’t let us out till I told you something.” You mumbled, laying your head on Josh’s shoulder. “So what do you wanna tell me?” He asked, but you shake your head. “It’s dumb.”

“No, c’mon tell me Y/N.” Josh pleads, you sitting up. “Fine, if you wanna know so bad you big baby.” You laugh, Josh pouting. “i like you. There I said it.” You said shyly, messing with your hands. “You like me?” Josh asked, clearly surprised. “Yeah, I told you it was dumb.” you laughed softly. “No it isn’t.”

“Well why not?” You ask, looking at Josh. “Well because I like you too.” He confessed, you looked at him with awe and confusion. “You like me too?” you ask, still shocked, Josh laughed and nodded. “I’ve always liked you.” He admitted, interlacing your fingers with his. 

“YAY!” You turned to see Riley smiling with Maya sitting next to her. “Shoo!” You  laughed, Maya and Riley pouting as they crawled away. You and Josh got up and left Riley’s room, holding hands. The two of you sat at the dinner table with Riley and Maya, all of you holding mugs of hot chocolate. “Cheers to our little matchmakers.” You laugh, before the four of you clinked your mugs with smiles on your faces.