"Wow... just..." R smiles over his shoulder at me, his eyes puffy and red. I ignore it and smile back. "Maybe that could work... Hey, do you think I could drive some?"

"You got a license?"

"Not... necessarily... I have a permit but I look pretty different than I did when I took the picture. I mean, my picture is pretty normal and not all pale and glowing blue eyes and stuff..."

"Ah, well, I mean if you want to... Then again, we can't get pulled over or we will be doomed."

"Yeah. Guess not then. I didn't learn all the basics of driving before I got my albino swell anyeway." I say with a dark chuckle.

I suddenly smell the scent of salt water and look at Ramey, who has his hands over his face. His shoulders are shaking but he breathes in deeply and rubs his face with his hands. He looks at me and smiles with a warbled look.

"Sorry."

"R-"

"I said I'm fine! Really..."

"You're not. Stop lying to yourself. You're blubbering over there like a little girl and trying to kid yourself. You're not fooling anyone."

R suddenly bursts into tears and sobs, sliding down the wall and crying as hard as he can. For once, the smell of his tears doesn't make me want to eat him and I walk over to him, kneeling in front of him.

"There were mine, Nalak! All mine! They were gonna love me like a dad and... and I would have done anything for them! I know I didn't harbor them but I have so much to give and yet... and yet no one wants it or I can't give out enough for it to mean anything. I have so much to give..."

I take a chance on the lack of craving and grab him, pulling him in for a hug. He grips me tightly and sobs on my shoulder.

"Why can't I give my love to someone? Why won't anyone accept it or stay long enough to receive it? Why do I have to keep it tucked away?"

"Because you're too awesome for this world to handle." R laughs through his tears. "If the universe let you give all that awesome and amazing love out to people... god... I don't think the universe could handle it. The depth of your longing and waiting... it's like good wine. The longer you wait, the better it is. That means that there is something/someone on the horizon who will get a taste of your awesome love and that... man, that will be groundbreaking. Earth shattering."

"You're too exaggerate-y."

"I'm not sure how else to get the point across to you." We pull away and I sniff his tears, the craving I thought was not there beginning to peak up its head. "Something good will happen on the horizon. I feel it."

"You need to back it up."

"Hmm?" I say when I realize that I'm only inches from R's face. "Oh, sorry!"

"Were you about to kiss me?"

"No! Ew, no! I got enraptured with the smell of your tears and so I was coming in for a bite."

"Should I take that with sympathy or an S&M sort of feel?"

I push R back and he laughs as I make a face at him.

"I'm serious! I told you how much you make me want to eat you!"

"Aaaand this is why people think you're a couple."

We turn to see Waverly standing in the doorway of the room. She looks at us pensively, me especially.

"I thought you said you liked me?"