Chapter Seventeen: Confidence.

Hermione sighed. She had to return to school, sadly. She'd just barely managed to get her dad to let her stay home a week, and she could practically feel Draco's anxiety from here. Mate bond, she reminded herself. But isn't that not supposed to start until later? Hermione shrugged. She didn't care all that much.

"Hermione!" She heard her father call. "School!" Hermione groaned, being brought back down to Earth. She glanced around, throwing on a dark green sweater, a black skirt, long grey stockings, and some black flats. She put on her basic smoky mixed with green makeup, walking down to the entrance of Riddle Manor.

Her father was there before her, smirking at her. Yet it wasn't the typical Slytherin sneer; it was a fatherly goodbye smile. "I can't wait for summer break," he said. Hermione smiled a little. "Father, I'm coming back for Christmas. I just came to visit you a bit early," she said, chuckling quietly. Tom blinked before nodding and smiling sheepishly. "Ah." Was all he said.

Tom hugged her and did all the good dad stuff, y'know? The whole 'I love you dear, be careful' thing. Hermione found it awkward and uncomfortable, but she would never admit that to her father. He seemed to enjoy it.

Hermione sighed as she walked out of the manor, apparating to the school before her feet hit the ground. To anyone walking past, it looked like she had just turned a corner from the Great Hall. The Slytherin Princess walked into the Hall for breakfast. She was soon greeted by Draco, her Slytherin Prince. She lightly pecked him on the cheek, standing on her toes to do so. The pair sat down amongst Draco's gang as food flooded the tables.

Hermione blinked. She had taken the role of Slytherin Princess alongside her prince, but did any of the Slytherins truly know exactly what she was? Yes, she was worshipped like royalty around here. She had proven her worth to the Slytherins months ago, and now they were like her little puppets, willing to do anything for their Princess. But none of them knew that she actually was royalty. She doubted they were even aware of her prophecy.

She was forced to put those thoughts to the back of her mind when she heard Draco say, "'Mione? Are you alright?" She blinked again before saying with a slightly far-away smile, "Yeah. Never better." He seemed suspicious for a moment, but he smiled after a moment and looked away. Hermione sighed silently with relief. She hated when Draco wouldn't leave her alone.

She looked at her friends, her subjects. She had gained the trust of these people, and if she was being honest, she trusted them too. They were so much better than Ron and Harry. They were so much more worthy of her effort.

She looked over to Fred and George at the Gryffindor table. Ever since they had officially taken the mark, the two had become her closest friends. They truly were perfect for their roles. Hermione often called them Trick and Treat. In their recent missions, Fred was the trick. He used potions or other things to make their opponents suffer so much they begged for death, and George was the treat. He gave them their wish, giving them the sweet release of death. They were a great pair, and Hermione never knew the two could be so dark.

She loved the two. They were an amazing addition to her team. They finally noticed her looking at them as they both winked. Hermione smirked and winked back. She finally looked back at her Slytherin friends. They had grown on her, and with them, she could accomplish anything. They were her fuel. They were her power.

With them, she'd always win.